- PhD in Finance, Georgia Institute of Technology, 2007
- B. Tech (With Honors), Chemical Engineering, Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Kharagpur (2002)
- Mutual Funds
- Institutional Investors
- Information Economics
- Behavioral Finance
- Corporate Finance
- Finalist for the 2013 Dr. Richard A. Crowell Memorial Prize awarded by PanAgora Asset Management
- Quinlan Faculty Support Research Grant (2015-2016, 2014-2015, 2013-2014, 2009-2010, 2008-2009)
- Loyola University Chicago, Summer Research Award (2014, 2013, 2010, 2009, 2008)
- Research Grant, Batten Institute for Entrepreneurship and Innovation (2010-2011)
- National Science Foundation (NSF) IGERT Graduate Associate (2004-2006)
- American Finance Association (AFA) Student Travel Award (2006)
- National Bureau of Economic Research (NBER) Fellowship (2003)
- Best Graduating Student, Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Kharagpur (2002)
- IIT Joint Entrance Examination All India Rank in top 1000
- West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination All India Rank in top 200
Chaplinsky, S., Gupta-Mukherjee, S.“Investment Risk Allocation and the Venture Capital Exit Market: Evidence from Early Stage Investing." Journal of Banking and Finance, 2016, Vol. 73, 38–54.
Gupta-Mukherjee, S. “Investing in the 'New Economy': Mutual Fund Performance and the Nature of the Firm” Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, 2014, Vol. 49 (1), 165–191. Excerpted in the CFA Digest, Vol. 44, December 2014.
Fu, R., S. Gupta-Mukherjee. “Geography, Informal Information Flows and Mutual Fund Portfolios.” Financial Management, 2014, Vol. 43 (1), 181–214
Gupta-Mukherjee, S. “When Active Fund Managers Deviate from their Peers: The Impact on Performance.” Journal of Banking & Finance. 37.4 (2013). 1286–1305.
Gupta-Mukherjee, S., R. Chakrabarti, N. Jayaraman. "Mars-Venus Marriages: Culture and Cross-border M&A." Journal of International Business Studies. (2008).
Gupta-Mukherjee, S., M. Thursby, J. Thursby. "Are there Real Effects of Licensing on Academic Research? A Life Cycle View." Journal of Economic Behavior and Organization. (2007).
Chaplinsky, S., Gupta-Mukherjee, S. “The Decline in Venture-backed IPOs: Implications for Capital Recovery.” Handbook of Academic Research on IPOs, 2013, Edward Elgar Publishing