Faculty and Staff
Carolyn Tang Kmet
Title/s: Senior Lecturer
Office #: Schreiber 617
Carolyn Tang Kmet is a senior lecturer at the Quinlan School of Business at Loyola University Chicago.
Prior to this role, she was the CMO with All Inclusive Marketing, a full-service e-commerce agency that provides analytics, marketing and site optimization services for clients such as Southwest Vacations, Julep, and Fire Mountain Gems. Carolyn was previously the director of affiliate marketing for Groupon, where she helped shape global affiliate marketing strategy. In this role, she was honored with the Affiliate Summit Pinnacle Award for Affiliate Manager of the Year 2010, and the New Advertiser of the Year 2011 award from Commission Junction.
Before that, Carolyn led the client services team at ShareASale.com, a Chicago-based performance marketing tracking platform, and managed affiliate marketing programs at Orbitz, CollectiblesToday.com, and MyPoints.com.
Carolyn earned an M.B.A. from Loyola University Chicago, an M.S. in Journalism from Northwestern University, and a B.A. from University of California, Berkeley.
- MBA, Economics and Finance, Loyola University Chicago, 2003
- MSJ, Broadcast Journalism, Northwestern University, 1996
- BA, Interdisciplinary Studies, University of California, Berkeley, 1995
- Ethics and Profitability
- Application of Big Data
Professional & Community Affiliations
- Chicago Association of Direct Marketing Educational Foundation, Board of Trustees, 2011-present
- Performance Marketing Association, Measurements and Insights Council, 2010-present
- Loyola School of Business Alumni Board, 2005-2008
- Business Information Systems (INFS 247)
- Analytical Decision Making (BHNR 343)
- Small Business Influencer Champion, Growth Category - Abe's Market, 2014
- CJ You Award, New Advertiser of the Year - Groupon, 2011
- Affiliate Summit Pinnacle Award, Affiliate Manager of the Year - Groupon, 2010
- APEX Award for Magazine and Journal Writing, May/June 2007 - w/ Insight Magazine
- Best Affiliate Manager of the Year, 2007 - ABestWeb.com
- Best Affiliate Program of the Year, 2006 - CrazyForBargains.com
- President's Medallion, 2003 - Loyola University of Chicago, School of Business
Refereed Journal Articles
The Foreign Factor: International Investments and Exports Could Be the Key to Illinois’ Economic Success. Insight magazine, Summer 2015.
Influencing Tomorrow: Here’s how technology and a technologically savvy generation of up-and-comers is defining the American workforce. Insight magazine, Spring 2016.
STEM Sells. Insight magazine, Summer 2016.
Published Articles from Practical eCommerce: http://www.practicalecommerce.com/Search?q=carolyn+kmet