April 24 to April 28, 2017
It is that time again! Join us for Bike2Campus week (April 24-28, 2017) in the following ways:
- Log your rides - We have prizes for number of rides taken over the week. Log any rides at bike2campus.com. Note: you must enter your @luc.edu email address to be counted!
- Participate in one of the scheduled programs below.
Thursday, April 20
- Midnight Ride: Dr. Tim Gilfoyle will be leading his Midnight Bike Ride around Chicago on April 20th! The adventure begins at 9 p.m. in the plaza outside the Norville Athletics Center (6526 N. Winthrop Ave.) and across the street from Loyola Hall (1110 W. Loyola Ave.) on the Lake Shore Campus of Loyola University Chicago. Riders normally return to campus between 6 a.m. and 7 a.m. the following day.
Monday, April 24 & Friday, April 28
- Pit Stops: Stop by tables set up at the Water Tower and Lake Shore Campuses to get free refreshments and fun prizes. At Water Tower this will be near the racks in front of Corboy. At Lake Shore this will be near the Welcome Station in the Main Parking Garage. 11:30 a.m. - 3 p.m. each day.
Tuesday, April 25
- Bike Safety Workshop: Interested in riding but want to feel more confident on city streets? The Chicago Department of Transportation's Bicycling Ambassadors will be at the Lake Shore Campus to promote safe city riding. The Ambassadors will will be stationed just outside of Chain Links Bike Shop in the Main Parking Garage from 4:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Thursday, April 27
- Slow Roll for Ramblers: Enjoy a break from finals prep with a leisurely ride around Rogers Park and Edgewater led by the Slow Roll Chicago community and biking activists. The ride will start at the Damen Statue on Lake Shore Campus (weather permitting). 5:00 p.m. -6:00 p.m.
Friday, April 28
- Lakefront Path/Critical Mass Ride: Ready for a full-on ride to stretch your legs and brains before finals? This ride will travel down the lakefront path to Belmont Harbor. Participants can choose to keep riding and join up with the monthly 'Critical Mass' ride downtown or turn around and eke your way back to Lake Shore Campus. The ride will start at the Damen Statue on Lake Shore Campus at 5:30 p.m. (weather permitting).
If you have any questions on how to participate, please contact Loyola's Director of Sustainability, Aaron Durnbaugh at firstname.lastname@example.org or 773 508 - 7558.