Expectations of Current ACE Scholars
- ACE Scholars will meet with ACE Advisor, Monica Cohen, or other ACE Staff at least once each semester for advising. Topics may include: course selection, academic progress, personal guidance, academic goal-setting, career counseling, financial aid assistance, financial literacy education, co-curricular development, and general problem solving.
- If ACE Scholars receive any unsatisfactory grades (C- or lower) during the midterm period or at the end of any academic semester, or if they become subject to academic probation, they agree to meet with ACE Staff to discuss strategies to improve my academic performance. This may include weekly/biweekly ACE advising sessions, regular tutoring, regular mentoring, wellness/on-campus partner referrals, and/or other tailored recommendations, as determined by the ACE Staff.
- ACE Scholars will choose at least one workshop or event to attend each semester.
- If eligible, ACE Scholars will apply for federal financial aid by the priority deadline each year.
- If ACE Scholars need assistance with completing the FAFSA, ANY scholarship/grant application, or financial aid appeal letter, they will meet with ACE staff.
- If ACE Scholars consider taking time off or transferring from Loyola due to financial challenges, they agree to meet with ACE staff before finalizing their plans.
- If ACE Scholars have expressed an interest in exploring graduate or professional school options, they will seek assistance from ACE staff in applying to graduate/professional school at least once per academic year.
- ACE Scholars will meet with ACE staff at least once a year to develop a career plan.
- ACE Scholars understand that tutoring is most effective when it is a consistent, weekly, hour-long appointment, and will follow that schedule when they sign-up for tutoring. If they think a different schedule might be better for theirneeds (either more or less frequent), they will discuss this with the ACE Tutoring Coordinator.
- If an emergency comes up and an ACE Scholar needs to miss or reschedule a tutoring appointment, they will give their tutor at least 24-hours advance notice.
- If ACE Scholars receive any unsatisfactory grades (C- or below) during the midterm period or at the end of any academic semester, or if they become subject to academic probation, they agree to attend weekly tutoring meetings as assigned by the ACE staff
- ACE Scholars understand that ACE will use their Loyola e-mail address as a primary form of contact.
- ACE Scholars agree to read through all communication received by ACE staff including email, phone messages, social media communication (e.g., Facebook, Twitter) in a timely manner, and to respond when applicable.
Commitment to Services
- ACE Scholars agree to attend every ACE-sponsored event or workshop that they sign up for, but they should not miss class to attend an ACE-sponsored event or meeting. They will notify ACE staff at least 24 hours in advance if they cannot attend the scheduled event or if there is an emergency.
- ACE Scholars understand that access to the printer card is intended solely for ACE Scholars who are printing academic-related documents.
- ACE Scholars agree to participate in an exit interview with ACE staff when I graduate from Loyola (or if I withdraw prior to the completion of my bachelor’s degree or transfer to another higher education institution).
- ACE Scholars agree to participate in all requested program or workshop evaluations conducted online and in person. I understand that program evaluation is required by the U.S. Department of Education and Loyola to continue funding of the ACE program.