IPS Fall 2017 Courses
IPS is a member of ACTS (Association of Chicago Theological Schools), which means that our students may take courses at one of the other member schools. To review a list of courses offered via the association, please click here. Click here for more information about cross-registration within ACTS. The following form is needed when registering ACTS_Cross-Registration_Form
- An ACTS class "counts" toward the total number of credits that a student can transfer into IPS, unless there is a compelling reason otherwise. For example, M.Div. students who need credits for denominational or ordination requirements may take additional ACTS courses.
- Ideally, and because of the processes involved, a student registers for an ACTS class (submits the signed and approved form to the IPS) at least three weeks prior to the start of a semester.
- It is recommended that IPS core courses are not taken via ACTS unless there is a compelling reason.
The most up-to-date IPS schedule can be found in LOCUS
The above PDFs of IPS classes might be helpful for a quick overview of what we’re offering. If changes are made to the schedule, they may not be reflected on this chart so please check in LOCUS for the most current details. The pdfs lists only IPS courses. It does not include cross-listed courses. For information about possible cross listed courses students should consult their advisor.
Search for any Loyola University Chicago classes in one of two ways through LOCUS...
- If you’re a current LUC student, staff or employee use your Universal ID and password to logon
- If you’re a prospective student or visitor, please click on the link that says “Guest Access to LOCUS”
- Make sure you click on "perform a class search" and in the section that asks for the term you will choose what "term" you are looking for and in the "course subject" line you will type in "IPS." Then you will hit the "search" button and get a list of all IPS courses for that particular term.
Anyone is able to search for the required books for any LUC class in two ways...
Search directly through the LUC Bookstore's website
You will need to know your term, department ("IPS"), course number, and section number to do this
- If you're a student, you can login to your LOCUS account and when you pull up "My Schedule" for a particular term you should be able to click on a link in the upper right hand corner entitled "Order Books"
- If you're not a student and don't have the ability to logon to LOCUS, then you can click here and under the section where you are prompted to provide your logon credentials you can click the link for " Guest Access to LOCUS." Then make sure you click on "perform a class search" and in the section that asks for the term you will choose what "term" you are looking for and in the "course subject" line you will type in "IPS." Then you will hit the "search" button and get a list of all IPS courses for that particular term. As you scroll down the list, you will see in each course's box a link called "text details." If you click on that you will be able to see the required texts for that course.