Our goal is provide prompt, safe, and quality service.
8-RIDE is busiest Thursday nights, Friday nights, Saturday nights, and during inclement weather. Please be patient, plan your trip accordingly, and call ahead 20–30 minutes to schedule your pick up.
Please assist us by following these 8-RIDE rules:
- You must present a valid Loyola ID to the driver in order to use the service. U-Pass or Drivers License is NOT acceptable.
- The 8-RIDE service is available for current students, faculty and staff only.
- You may transport as much luggage or groceries as you can fit on your lap.
- Transporting alcoholic beverages is strictly prohibited.
- No loud talking on cell phones inside the van.
- Hoyne Field pick ups are only during practices or games.
- Animals are not allowed in the vans.
- During busy times, drivers will wait for only three minutes for passenger pick up.
- Treat your driver with respect.
- Profanity is unacceptable.
- Off-campus drop off and pick up locations are: private residences, Walgreens, and CTA stops.
- 8-RIDE starts taking calls at 6:30 p.m.
Anyone not following the rules of 8-RIDE will be reported to Judicial Affairs and appropriate action will be taken.
- North—Touhy Avenue
- West—Clark Street
- South—Thorndale Avenue
- East—Lake Michigan
Hours of operation when school is in session:
Regular service: Monday–Sunday 6:30 p.m.–2:30 a.m.
(Last call taken at 2:15 a.m.)
Extended Hours: Friday and Saturday 2:30 a.m.–4 a.m.
(Last call taken at 3:45 a.m.)
7 Days a Week (when service is in session)
Late night pick-ups at the Southeast lobby of Cuneo Hall between 10 p.m. and 4 a.m.
The first scheduled pick up will take place at 10 p.m. and depart every half hour with the last departure at 4 a.m. The vans will drop off passengers within the boundaries of the 8-RIDE service.
Cuneo Departure Schedule 7 Days a Week
|10 p.m.||10:30 p.m.||11 p.m.||11:30 p.m.||12 a.m.|
|12:30 a.m.||1 a.m.||1:30 a.m.||2 a.m.||2:30 a.m.|
|3 a.m.||3:30 a.m.||4 a.m.|
8.7433 on-campus, or 773.508.7433 off-campus
8-RIDE service will commence on Wednesday, August 19 at 6:30 p.m. Please keep in mind that 8-RIDE is busiest Thursday–Saturday and during inclement weather. Be patient, plan your trip accordingly, and call ahead 20-30 minutes to schedule your pick up.
Highlights for the fall 2015 semester include:
Scheduled pick-up times at Cuneo Hall starting at 10 p.m., leaving every 30 minutes until 4 a.m. The set schedule will allow the service to run more frequently than previous services. Vans will drop off passengers within the 8-RIDE service boundaries.
The last call for pick-ups will be taken at 3:45 a.m. Fridays and Saturdays and 2:15 a.m. the remainder of the week.
The revised program is designed to provide safe, timely, and reliable transportation throughout the night to students, faculty, and staff members leaving campus late at night. Keep in mind that 8-RIDE is intended to promote a safe and secure campus environment for the Loyola community.