All students will be able to register and schedule your own 8 Ride reservations, receive estimated arrival times and track vehicle locations using the new 8 Ride portal from web enabled devices.
To begin using the reservations portal, please follow the registration instructions:
1. Visit: https://onemv.mvtransit.com/loyola
2. Select a social media account by choosing Facebook, Twitter or Google.
3. Associate this account by entering your Email Address and 11-digit Student ID.
4. Once you’ve successfully authenticated your account you can begin making reservations.
The 8 Ride reservations line is still available at 8.7433 on-campus, or 773.508.7433 off-campus and can also be used to answer any questions about the registration process.
Our goal is provide prompt, safe, and quality service.
8-RIDE is busiest during inclement weather. Please be patient, plan your trip accordingly, and call ahead 20–30 minutes to schedule your pick up.
Please assist us by following these 8-RIDE rules:
- You must present a valid Loyola ID to the driver in order to use the service. U-Pass or Drivers License is NOT acceptable.
- The 8-RIDE service is available for current students, faculty and staff only.
- You may transport as much luggage or groceries as you can fit on your lap.
- Transporting alcoholic beverages is strictly prohibited.
- No loud talking on cell phones inside the van.
- Hoyne Field pick ups are only during practices or games.
- Animals are not allowed in the vans.
- During busy times, drivers will wait for only three minutes for passenger pick up.
- Treat your driver with respect.
- Profanity is unacceptable.
- Off-campus drop off and pick up locations are: private residences, Walgreens, and CTA stops.
- 8-RIDE starts taking calls at 6:30 p.m.
Anyone not following the rules of 8-RIDE will be reported to Judicial Affairs and appropriate action will be taken.
- North—Touhy Avenue
- West—Clark Street
- South—Thorndale Avenue
- East—Lake Michigan
Hours of operation when school is in session:
Regular service: Monday–Sunday 6:30 p.m.–2:30 a.m.
(Last call taken at 2:15 a.m.)
Extended Hours: Friday and Saturday 2:30 a.m.–4 a.m.
(Last call taken at 3:45 a.m.)
7 Days a Week (when service is in session)
Late night pick-ups at the Southeast lobby of Cuneo Hall between 10 p.m. and 4 a.m.
The first scheduled pick up will take place at 10 p.m. and depart every half hour with the last departure at 4 a.m. The vans will drop off passengers within the boundaries of the 8-RIDE service.
Cuneo Departure Schedule 7 Days a Week
|10 p.m.||10:30 p.m.||11 p.m.||11:30 p.m.||12 a.m.|
|12:30 a.m.||1 a.m.||1:30 a.m.||2 a.m.||2:30 a.m.|
|3 a.m.||3:30 a.m.||4 a.m.|
8.7433 on-campus, or 773.508.7433 off-campus
Please keep in mind that 8-RIDE is busiest during inclement weather. Be patient, plan your trip accordingly, and call ahead 20-30 minutes to schedule your pick up.