Admission to the Dance and Music majors at Loyola University Chicago are by audition only.
The Theatre program offers competitive scholarships for Theatre majors by audition and/or interview, but auditions are not required to declare the major.
Note that final acceptance into the Dance or Music major is contingent upon admission into Loyola University Chicago.
- Prospective Dance majors are required to audition for the program.
- Placement sessions are required for non-major students wishing to register in classes level II and above. These are held before the semester to determine the classes in which students should enroll.
- Auditions for dance productions are held in the beginning of the academic year. Requirements for each audition vary depending on the needs of the particular productions.
- Prospective Theatre majors and minors are not required to audition to enter the program. Once you are accepted to the University, you will need to declare the Theatre major or minor.
- The Theatre Program has competitive scholarships available for incoming freshmen and transfer students.
- The Department of Fine and Performing Arts holds auditions for actors, singers, and dancers for its Newhart and Underground Theatre productions throughout the academic year. Requirements for each audition vary depending on the needs of the particular productions.