Selected Recent Publications
- Avdeyeva, Olga, 2015. Defending Women's Rights in Europe: Gender Equality and EU Enlargement. Albany, NY: SUNY Press.
- Çiftçi, Sabri, and Güneş Murat Tezcür, 2015. "Soft Power, Religion, and anti-Americanism in the Middle East, Foreign Policy Analysis (Article first published online).
- Grigorescu, Alexandru, 2015. Democratic Intergovernmental Organizations? Normative Pressures and Decision-Making Rules. New York: Cambridge University Press.
- Mellin, Molly. 2015. "Escalation in International Conflict Management: A Foreign Policy Perspective," Conflict Management and Peace Science 32(1): 28-49.
- Owens, Ryan J., Patrick Wohlfarth, Alexander Tahk and Amanda C. Bryan. 2015. “Nominating Commissions, Judicial Retention, and Forward-Looking Behavior on State Supreme Courts: An Empirical Examination of Selection and Retention Methods,” State Politics & Policy Quarterly (Article first published online).
- Tezcür, Güneş Murat, 2015. "Catholic and Muslim Human Rights Activism in Violent Internal Conflicts," Politics and Religion 8(1): 111-134.
- Black, Ryan C. and Amanda C. Bryan. 2014. “Explaining the (Non)Occurrence of Equal Divisions on the U.S. Supreme Court,” American Politics Review 42(6): 1077-1095.
- Boyle, Jennifer Wozniak and Chris Hasselmann. 2014. "A Discernible Impact? The influence of public opinion on EU policy making during the sovereign debt crisis," in The European Union Beyond the Crisis: Evolving Governance, Contested Policies, and Disenchanted Publics ed., Stefano M. Boyka. Lanham: Lexington Books. 123-144.
- Doherty, David, and E. Scott Adler. 2014. "The Persuasive Effects of Campaign Mailers," Political Research Quarterly 67: 562-573.
- Mahler, Vincent A., David K. Jesuit and Piotr Paradowski, 2014. “Electoral Turnout and State Redistribution: A Cross-National Study of 14 Developed Countries,” Political Research Quarterly 67(2): 361-373.
- Matland, Richard E., and Emelie Lilliefeldt, 2014. "The Effect of Preferential Voting on Women's Representation," in Representation and Women's Interests eds., Maria Escobar-Lemmon and Michelle M. Taylor-Robinson. Oxford, UK: Oxford University Press. 79-102.
- Melin, Molly, and Alexandru Grigorescu, 2014. “Connecting the Dots: Dispute Resolution and Escalation in a World of Entangled Territorial Claims,” Journal of Conflict Resolution 15(3): 257-276.
- Murray, Gregg R., and Richard E. Matland. 2014. “Mobilization Effects Using Mail: Social Pressure, Invoking Injunctive Norms and Timing,” Political Research Quarterly 67(2): 304-319.
- Sanchez, Peter M. 2014. “Ideas and Leaders in Contentious Politics: One Parish Priest in El Salvador's Popular Movement,” Journal of Latin American Studies Volume 46 (4): 637-662.
- Simon, Christopher A., and Raymond Tatalovich, 2014. "Party, Ideology, and Deficits: Provincial Fiscal Policy and the Cameron Thesis, 1966-2009," Canadian Journal of Political Science 47(1): 93-112.
- Redissi, Hamadi and Peter Schraeder. 2014. "The Upheavals in Egypt and Tunisia: Ben Ali's Fall," in Democratization and Authoritarianism in the Arab World eds. Larry Diamond and Marc F. Plattner. Washington, DC: John Hopkins University Press. 203-217.
- Tatalovich, Raymond and Steven E. Schier with Thomas Engeman, 2014. The Presidency and Political Science: Paradigms of Presidential Power from the Founding to the Present, 2nd ed. Armonk, NY: M.E. Sharpe Publishers. Foreword by Theodore J. Lowi, Cornell University.
- Tezcür, Güneş Murat, 2014. "Violence and Nationalist Mobilization: The Onset of the Kurdish Insurgency in Turkey," Nationalities Papers (Article first published online).
- Avdeyeva, Olga A., and Richard E. Matland, 2013. “An Experimental Test of Mail Surveys as a Tool for Social Inquiry in Russia,” International Journal of Public Opinion Research 25(2): 173-194.
- Doherty, David, 2013. “To Whom Do People Think Representative Should Respond: Their District or the Country,” Public Opinion Quarterly 77(1): 237-255.
- Frendreis, John, and Raymond Tatalovich, 2013. “Secularization, Modernization, or Population Change: Explaining the Decline of Prohibition in the United States,” Social Science Quarterly 94(2): 379-394.
- Katz, Claudio, 2013."Protective Labor Legislation in the Courts: Substantive Due Process and Fairness in the Progressive Era," Law and History Review 31(2): 275-323.
- Mahler, Vincent,David K. Jesuit, and Piotr Paradowski, 2013. “The Political Sources of Government Redistribution in the Developed World,” in Income Inequality: Economic Disparities and the Middle Class in Affluent Countries eds., Janet Gornick and Markus Jäntti. Stanford, CA: Stanford University Press, 145-172.
- Matland, Richard E., and Gregg R. Murray, 2013. “An Experimental Test for “Backlash” against Social Pressure Techniques used to Mobilize Voters,” American Politics Research 41(3): 359-386.
- Mayer, Robert, 2013. “When and Why Usury Should Be Prohibited,” Journal of Business Ethics 116(3): 513-527.
- Tatalovich, Raymond, 2013. "Revisiting Post-Confederation Fiscal Policy: Liberal Dissent from Conservative Deficits," Journal of Canadian Studies 47(2): 180-214.
- Tezcür, Güneş Murat, and Alexandru Grigorescu, 2013.“Activism in Turkish Foreign Policy: Balancing European & Regional Interests” International Studies Perspectives. Published online before print.
- Doherty, David, and Jennifer Wolak. 2012. “When Do the Ends Justify the Means? Evaluating Procedural Fairness,” Political Behavior 34: 301-323.
- Matland, Richard E., and Gregg R. Murray, 2012. “An Experimental Test of Mobilization Effects in a Latino Community,” Political Research Quarterly, 65(1): 192 - 205.
- Mayer, Robert, 2012. “Loan Sharks, Interest Rate Caps, and Deregulation,” Washington and Lee Law Review 69(2): 807-848.
- Sanchez, Peter M., and Megan A. Sholar, “Power and Principle: A New U.S. Policy for Latin America,” International Journal of Humanities and Social Science 2(23): 18-27.
- Schraeder, Peter J. 2012. “Tunisia’s Jasmine Revolution & the Arab Spring: Implications for International Intervention,” Orbis: A Journal of World Affairs 56(4): 662-675.
- Tezcür, Güneş Murat, Taghi Azadarmaki, Bahar Mehri, and Hooshang Nayebi, 2012. “Support for Democracy in Iran,” Political Research Quarterly 65(2): 235-247.
- William, John Allen, 2012. “Civil-Military Relations and the American Way of War”, in Civil-Military Relations in Perspective: Strategy, Structure and Policy ed., by Stephen J. Cimbala, Surry, UK: Ashgate, 69-82.