In addition to students living overseas, students from U.S. high schools are also invited to apply to the Rome Start Program. The admission committee is looking for students with a demonstrated international interest, such as independent international travel, foreign language skills, participation in an immersion trip, or an international related major.
- Complete and submit the online application. Be sure to select the "2015 Rome Start" application.
- Submit a personal statement or essay. One essay is required to complete the application process. Please include information in your essay and/or resume that describes your international experience or global interest.
- Submit official transcripts from all high schools/colleges previously attended .
- Submit one letter of recommendation from a teacher or counselor. You may send an e-mail request from our online application, or you can download a recommendation form: Counselor Recommendation Form. Please consider submitting a letter of recommendation from a counselor or teacher who can attest to your international interest.
- Submit your choice of standardized test score. Loyola's ACT code is 1064 and the SAT code is 1412.
- If applicable,submit official information about transfer credit or AP/IB credit to Loyola electronically. Learn more about Loyola's transfer credit policy.
- (Optional) Complete an interview. Applicants may be selected for an individual interview as part of the admission process.The interview may be conducted via phone or Skype. An admission counselor will contact you via e-mail or phone to set up a date and time.
- Upon admission,submit a $500 enrollment deposit by May 1to reserve a place in the class. *
* Please note that Loyola's class may fill prior to May 1. Enrollment deposits are refundable until May