Toner Purchases - Know All the Facts
Loyola Users should be advised that all toners are not created equal. There have been instances where toner is available through Amazon at a much lower price than that offered by our Pre-Qualified Supplier, Warehouse Direct. Amazon Toners in many cases are compatible to HP Toners – what does this mean? Compatible toners can be used in HP printers, but in many cases, are remanufactured toners. In some instances they use recycled cartridges that are simply filled with ink – the parts (drum, wiper blade, and mag roller) within the cartridge may or may not have been replaced. HP Toner is an OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer) product that meets all specifications of the printer it is intended to be used in.
OEM Toner has the following characteristics that compatible, recycled, less expensive toner, may not have;
- Provides for the maximum number of copies per cartridge
- The cartridge itself and all the parts are brand new
- Should a problem develop with the OEM cartridge purchased from Warehouse Direct, the item can be returned for a full credit or a replacement will be delivered the next day
- Should it be determined that the cartridge is the cause of damage to your printer, Warehouse Direct will send out a service tech to resolve the problem at no cost.
- Should the printer be unrepairable, Warehouse Direct will replace it with a new one at no cost.
- OEM Toner cartridges are post tested before going out into the field.
- OEM Toner is manufactured for each specific printer model which affects the yield ( amount of pages the cartridge produces before running out of toner)
Cost savings are certainly important, but quality and value added services are critical attributes to consider when making toner purchases.