Spot Funding Requests
SPOT funding requests are requests for SAF funding for programs and services. SPOT funding requests will function similar to special funding requests. SPOT funding requests will occur twice in each semester; dates will be determined based on the academic calendar. RSOs may submit a maximum of two spot funding requests per hearing.
SPOT Funding Request schedule is as follows:
|SPOT Submission Date||Hearing Date||Results||Non-contracted Events Fall On or After||Contracted Events Fall On or After|
|Monday, January 28, 2013 @ noon||Staurday, February 16, 2013||Wednesday, February 20, 2013||Friday, March 1, 2013||Wednesday, March 6, 2013|
All SAF requests must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- The event or program must be planned primarily for Loyola University Chicago undergraduate students and be open to the general University community.
- The request is appropriate based on the mission and goals of the organization.
- The SBR or SPOT request is submitted to the Allocations Committee by applicable deadlines, using the appropriate official forms and proper procedures.
- An undergraduate organization member (preferably the listed contact person) must attend the Allocations Committee meeting and be prepared to speak about the event and answer questions.
- The event must fall between the first day of class and the last day of class during the semester. No funding is available for events over breaks, holidays, or finals (see University calendar).
The following types of requests for SAF funding are prohibited but not limited to:
- Any event or program NOT open to the general LUC undergraduate community;
- Memberships or dues, private lessons, or payment of salaries (i.e. ongoing payments);
- Non-current expenses (e.g. bills from a previous year);
- Expenses related to conference attendance (e.g. travel costs, registration, etc.);
- Food at regularly scheduled meetings or organizational receptions and dinners exclusive to that organization;
- Personal clothing unless it is considered integral to the production of an event (i.e. costumes, but not club t-shirts);
- Athletic uniforms or team equipment (Club Sports must contact Campus Recreation for funding);
- Political activities or activities sponsored by an outside political entity (see Guidelines for Political Speakers for more details, LUC.edu/policy);
- Any type of straight contribution in any form or manner including political or religious donations;
- Residential maintenance or repairs;
- The purchase of alcoholic beverages;
- Taxes of any kind (except hotel service taxes or other non-sales related tax required by law);
- Activities that are exclusive to the membership of a particular organization (e.g. retreats);
- Rental of off-campus venues that will only be used for a business meeting, athletic practice or internal purpose;
- Newsletters or other subscriptions;
- Ad space in the Loyola Phoenix;
- Any costs related to or in support of raffles, illegal gambling, or other illegal activity;
- Activities and/or programs which advocate a position contrary to the University's Jesuit, Catholic tradition.