Loyola Faculty & Staff
Loyola University's Retreat and Ecology Campus (LUREC) provides a peaceful setting where individuals and groups are empowered to do the work necessary for reconnection and renewal of the mind, body, and spirit. The LUREC facility supports the principles of Transformative Education in the Jesuit tradition and fosters collaboration between university partners, departments, faculty, and staff. We offer faculty/staff an opportunity to use the Retreat and Ecology Campus as a place of personal reflection as well as professional growth and development.
Plan your next staff development training, enrichment exercise, team building, or staff getaway with us. Enjoy gorgeous natural surroundings, comfortable sleeping rooms, and freshly prepared meals during your stay at LUREC.
Overnight retreat packages include:
- Housing accommodations
- Up to three meals in our dining room
- Meeting rooms
- Break-out rooms
- Audiovisual equipment
Our meeting spaces have been made to welcome you and your group and encourage a true retreat experience. Enjoy plush furnishings, ample lighting, and privacy in all of our meeting spaces. Select from hotel-style or dorm-style rooms for your overnight accommodations. We will work with your budget to make your meeting or retreat successful, relaxing, and memorable.
Consider adding a Challenge Course Component, Culinary Team Building Event, Farm Workshop, or Eco-Spirituality and Restoration Activity to enhance your retreat experience.
- Challenge Course: retreat groups already utilizing the LUREC facility can add a challenge course program to their stay. A half or full-day program can be developed to compliment the content of your group’s retreat. Your entire group can participate at one time, half the group can take part in a challenge course program while the rest participate in your own activities and then the groups can switch or we can work with you to come up with a schedule that works around your existing schedule.
- Culinary Team Building: if you are looking to enhance your retreat experience, we have several unique culinary options including group team building, an iron chef experience, and an employee incentive option. Available for groups of 6-16 guests, you will have the ability to work as a team or compete while learning important cooking fundamentals from our professional staff. All culinary events are customizable and tailored to meet the objectives, goals, and budget of individual groups.
- Farm Workshops: whether your group is interested in taking a guided tour of the gardens and farm or learning the fundamentals of sustainability, our experienced farmers will lead this unique experience. Other popular workshop topics include the essentials of planting/ harvesting, proper gardening techniques, important cooking techniques for showcasing foods, and food preservation.
- Eco-Spirituality and Restoration Activities Renew and nurture your relationship with God, the community, and earth by exploring the wonders of our natural world. Reconnect with the earth and gain a deeper spiritual connection to all of life, a deeper understanding of ecological sustainability, and a greater care for God’s creation while embracing the beauty of nature. All activities are led by Rev. Stephen Mitten, S.J., Spiritual Director and Resident Ecology Faculty member, at Loyola’s Retreat and Ecology Campus.
For more information, including pricing, please download our Loyola Faculty-Staff Brochure.