The Gannon Scholars Leadership Program is a four-year progressive program that engages students in the development of leadership, service and research. We provide opportunities for leaders to investigate and analyze areas of concern in our suffering world in order to creatively design and apply workable solutions to build a more just social world order. Working collaboratively within the University and with global and local partners, we promote an innovative and interdisciplinary approach to shape women leaders for the 21st Century.
The Gannon Scholars Program was established in 1984 in honor of Sister Ann Ida Gannon, BVM, an outstanding president of Mundelein College. Sister Ann Ida Gannon was a renowned leader in public, nonprofit, profit and ecclesial sectors of our world. The Gannon Scholars Program has developed a national reputation for successful programming and services that enhance and strengthen leadership of women.
Gannon Scholarship Application
Beginning with 2015-2016 academic year, ten $8,000 scholarships will be awarded annually to incoming first year students who have already been accepted for full-time studies at Loyola University Chicago. These scholarships are awarded to students who demonstrate outstanding leadership, scholarship and service and who will advance the mission of the Gannon Center for Women and Leadership through undergraduate research. These scholarships are renewable for three years based on successful participation in the Gannon Scholars Program.
Completed applications will be accepted beginning January 2015. Applications must be submitted by Monday, February 2, 2015. Applicants chosen as semi-finalists will be notified by email no later than February 27th to schedule a Skype or on-campus interview during Loyola weekend on March 27-29, 2015. Scholarship recipients will be notified of the review committee's decision by mid-April 2015. Questions regarding the scholarship can be sent to email@example.com and an application for the Gannon Leadership Scholarship can be downloaded here https://uao.luc.edu/register/gannonapplication.
Gannon Scholarship Expectations
- Be enrolled full-time at Loyola with a minimum of 12 credit hours per semester and a minimum 3.0 GPA.
- Attend scheduled meetings and participate in programs defined on an annual basis.
- Complete at least one course by the end of sophomore year in the Leadership Development Program, Peace Studies or in Women’s Studies and Gender Studies.
- Demonstrate leadership through involvement in University Programs and in local or international programs in addition to the Gannon Scholars Program.
- Articulate and demonstrate the mission of the Gannon Center in terms of their own leadership, scholarship and service.
- Engage in an undergraduate research project in junior and senior years.
- 2015-2016 Gannon Scholars
- Program Coordinator
- Gannon Scholars Leadership Program FAQs
- Event/Program Photos 2014-2015
- Gannon Scholar alumna Annemarie Barrett '12, lay missioner with Franciscan Mission Service in Bolivia