MJ in Health Law
The Master of Jurisprudence (MJ) in Health Law is a degree program designed for health care professionals to provide a comprehensive working knowledge of the health law field. The cutting-edge curriculum, designed in conjunction with a team of leading professionals in the field and national experts, provides graduates with the expertise needed to navigate issues of health care law, regulation, and policy. This program is offered exclusively online.
Many MJ students choose to focus their studies on compliance coursework and can choose to pursue a certificate in compliance studies, which highlights their skills in compliance and qualifies them to sit for compliance industry examinations. For more on the compliance certificate and areas of focus, visit the Compliance Studies homepage.
By the end of this program students in the Health Care MJ Program will be able to:
- Describe the various laws and regulations that impact the healthcare industry and the challenges and opportunities in the healthcare business environment that they pose for providers, patients and industry partners.
- Integrate laws and regulations into operational policies and procedures to yield best practice and compliance in a variety of health care provider and industry settings.
- Analyze ways governmental, institutional and professional policies directly and indirectly influence the healthcare industry.
- Demonstrate the skills and knowledge necessary to successfully pass the Compliance Certification Board Certified Healthcare Compliance (CHC) certification exam (for students enrolled in the Compliance Certificate option. ) or other professional certifications.
- Demonstrate the ability to effectively communicate in a professional and credible manner.
- Produce a thesis demonstrating mastery of an important health law issue.
- Advocate for the changes necessary to advance social justice and equity in the health care system.
The US Department of Education requires any institution offering distance education/online programs to students outside of its home state to acquire authorization from the states in which students reside. Regulations vary from state to state. While Loyola University Chicago is authorized, exempt or pursuing authorization in most states, some restrictions apply. Please see our State Authorization page for the most up-to-date information.
Loyola University Chicago is registered as a private institution with the Minnesota Office of Higher Education pursuant to sections 136A.61 to 136A.71. Registration is not an endorsement of the institution. Credits earned at the institution may not transfer to all other institutions.