- Introduction to Legal Study and Legal Writing
- Introduction to Health Law and Policy
- Introduction to Legal Research
- Health Care Business and Finance
- Health Care Regulation and Policy
- MJ Thesis Project, Term 1
- MJ Thesis Project, Term 2
Elective Coursework in Terms 3–6
- Advanced Health Care Compliance
- Clinical Research Compliance
- Compliance Seminar Series
- Compliance Training Methods
- Conducting Internal Investigations
- Corporate Health Care Transactions
- Drafting Policies and Procedures
- Enterprise Risk Management
- European Union Privacy Law
- Food and Drug Law
- Global Compliance
- Health Care Compliance
- Health Care Contracts
- Health Care Privacy and Security
- Health Insurance and Health Care Regulation
- Health Law Seminar Series
- Human Subjects Protection
- Law and Bioethics
- Leadership and Management Seminar Series
- Legal Issues in eHealth
- Liability and Dispute Resolution in Health Care
- Medical Record Billing and Coding
- Privacy Breach Incident Management & Reporting
- Privacy Program Management
- Public Health and the Law
- Risk Management, Patient Safety and Quality
To earn your degree, you must complete 24 credits, including completion of a master's thesis. You must attend two Education Immersion Weekends at Loyola's Chicago campus. Visit our Registrar for a complete list of degree requirements, academic calendars, and registration process.
To apply for the MJ in Health Law program, you must possess a Bachelor's degree or its equivalent from an accredited college or university. You must also demonstrate a professional connection to the subject area through two years of professional experience.
- August 1: Fall Term Application Deadline
- December 1: Spring Term Application Deadline
- April 1: Summer Term Application Deadline
“I have great interactions with faculty and other students, which provides a nice knowledge base to draw upon.”
Astara Crews, MJ'12
“My MJ degree has provided knowledge and expertise that better position me to contribute to conversations surrounding the legalese and compliance of health care.”
April Nettleton, MJ'17
“Everyone comes from a different background and you can learn so much from each other. ”
Tuition and Fees
The School of Law and Loyola's Office of Student Financial Assistance are committed to helping students secure the necessary financial resources to make their legal education at Loyola affordable.
What can I do with my MJ degree?
Loyola's MJ in Health Law degree will increase knowledge and improve career opportunities in all types of health care organizations. The program is designed to help you develop leadership skills that will equip you to assume management positions within your organization or seek new opportunities.
Our graduates work in a variety of positions at the forefront of health law and policy, including as risk managers, compliance officers, paralegals, consultants, and executives at health care organizations, pharmaceutical companies, insurers, and non-profits.
Can I transfer credits from other schools?
Due to the unique nature of our online degrees, transfer credits are generally not accepted. Applicants or students seeking exceptions to this rule should request consideration of transfer credit in the application process.
What can I expect from the online course experience?
The MJ program is comprised of professionals from a variety of health care settings, including providers, insurers and payors, health systems. Students join the program at various points in their career and each student brings a unique background to the MJ program.Courses are taught by full-time faculty members at Loyola as well as leading practitioners, each experts in their fields. Each course is organized to teach key substantive areas and practical skills.
All courses are offered online through Loyola’s learning management system and consist of reading assignments, recorded lectures, quizzes or exams, bulletin board assignments, writing assignments, and live classes. Course materials are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Please review this short video for an overview of the online course platform and experience.