Loyola Employee Emergency Fund
- About the Program
- Application Procedure
- Brochure download (PDF)
- Contact LEEF
- General Information
- Help Us Help Each Other
- Ways to Give
Initially established through the Baumhart Fund, the Loyola Employee Emergency Fund is supported by donations from staff and faculty (“Help Us Help Each Other”). Upon request, financial assistance may be provided to an employee through this emergency fund designed to help individual University employees (faculty and staff) recover financially from loss due to natural emergencies, accidents, catastrophes, deaths or illnesses which are no fault of the employee.
- Employees eligible for full-time benefits may apply for an emergency fund after completing 3 consecutive months of employment.
- Due to limited resources, funds will be given on a one-time basis with a maximum of $3,000.
- The fund is to cover financial losses due to circumstances, which are no fault of the employee such as natural emergencies, accidents, catastrophes, deaths or illness. The fund is not intended to help employees out of financial trouble due to poor financial management.
- An application should be submitted to LEEF@luc.edu.
- Funds are considered taxable income and tax withholding is required. The total amount will be included as income on the fund recipient's W-2.
To maintain confidentiality of the requestor, all communications will be handled by an intake person in HR.
The SC treasurer will be notified of fund disbursement amounts, as well as receive an annual report of account activity from HR. In both instances names and case specifics will not be disclosed.
In order to apply for a Loyola Employee Emergency Fund, please submit the following:
Completed LEEF application form (PDF)
Or contact the LEEF intake person by emailing LEEF@luc.edu for information.
All information will be held in strict confidence.
Please direct all inquiries and concerns to LEEF@luc.edu.