Financial Aid & Scholarships
John T. Trahey Mustard Seed Scholarship for Theatre Arts
- John T. Trahey Mustard Seed Scholarships are tuition awards that enable talented students to train in all areas of theatre.
- Eligibility: Must maintain full-time students status at Loyola University Chicago and major in Theatre.
- Requirements: Students must demonstrate financial need with minimum G.P.A. of 3.0
- Applications and Auditions: Auditions and interviews are typically the first weekend of February every year. Students must attend an in-person audition or interview on the dates specified. All recipients are announced before April 1. Click here to apply for the John T. Trahey Mustard Seed Scholarship.
- Monetary Value: Varied; determined by the annual contributions from subscribers and friends toward the Theatre program, the student's need, number of applications for the scholarship, and amount of money available.
- Terms for Renewal: Maintenance of full-time student status with minimum G.P.A. of 3.0 in theatre courses at Loyola University Chicago, continued demonstration of financial need, and participation in successful performance in theatre.
J. Pat Miller Scholarship
- This award provides financial assistance to talented juniors that major in Theatre and demonstrate acting potential.
- Eligibility: Must maintain full-time student status at Loyola University Chicago and major in Theatre.
- Requirements: Juniors who demonstrated financial need with a minimum 3.0 G.P.A.
- Monetary Value: Variable.
- Past recipients
James Wesley White, Jr. Scholarship
The Directors of the James Wesley White, Jr. Scholarship Fund are pleased to announce they are accepting applications for its annual scholarship in honor of James “Jay” Wesley White, Jr. Current sophomores and juniors majoring in theatre are eligible to apply for the $1500 scholarship. Applications are due by July 1, 2018. You may contact the scholarship committee for more information at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Eligibility: Must be either Sophomore or Junior majoring in Theatre at Loyola University Chicago.
- Applications and Auditions: All applicants must submit an application. You may contact Angele White for more information at email@example.com or download this application: James Wesley White, Jr. Scholarship 2018
- Monetary Value: $1,500 for the academic year.
- Past recipients
The Mighty Quinn Foundation Scholarship
In honor of Quinn Rooney, a passed Loyola student and Connecticut native, the Mighty Quinn Foundation (formerly known as the Quinn Rooney Foundation) is offering a $5,000 scholarship for the 2017-2018 academic year to a DFPA student who exhibits a love of the arts, education, and hard work.
The scholarship application includes brief personal information and activities/interests sections, as well as a short essay portion and “free form” essay.
The application can be found below and is due by July 1st and can be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. The winner will be announced on their website shortly after the submission deadline.
To help make college affordable, Loyola offers a number of scholarships and assistance in applying for financial aid. We highly encourage our students to check out https://luc.academicworks.com/ as well as outside scholarship sites. Loyola also offers resources for navigating grants, student loans, and tuition & fees.