2019 MMLA Conference Theme
"Doubles, Duality, Doppelgangers"
November 14-17, 2019
Check out the 2019 CFP
The Program Information Form is due on June 1, 2019.
The Deadline for session organizers and chairs to submit the Session Abstract Form is September 15th. This form is optional.
For a complete listing of our deadlines visit the Deadlines page.
The registration fees for the 61st Annual Convention in Chicago, IL are as follows:
Registration Fees are Non-Refundable
- Through July 1 -- Early Bird Regular Member Registration (full-time faculty, administrators, schoolteachers and librarians): $95
- Through July 1 -- Early Bird Special Member Registration (students, independent scholars, part-time, unemployed or retired members): $45
- July 2 to October 15 -- Regular Member Registration (full-time faculty, administrators, schoolteachers and librarians): $105
- July 2 to October 15 -- Special Member Registration (students, independent scholars, part-time, unemployed or retired members): $55
- After October 15 -- Late Registration Regular Members (full-time faculty, administrators, schoolteachers and librarians): $160
- After October 15 – Late Registration Special Members (students, independent scholars, part-time, unemployed or retired members): $80
Registering for the Convention
All attendees must be members of the association to attend the convention. The deadline for convention presenters to pre-register is July 1st, 2019. Registration can be easily completed via mail or online using a third party vendor, 123Signup begining February 15th, 2019.
IMPORTANT: Because of printing deadlines, convention presenters must register by July 1st, 2019 in order to be included in the printed program.
Registration fees and membership dues are separate items that must be purchased. The blue rectangular button below will allow you to pay them both at the same time, but they are separate line items that must be selected. Dues covers two issues of the Journal of the Midwest Modern Language Association, the right to submit articles and review to be considered for publication, and the right to apply for fellowships and awards that are supported by the MMLA. Registration fees cover the cost of meeting rooms, audio visual equipment, receptions, keynote addresses, and professionalization workshops.
NOTE: A convenience fee is charged when using the third-party vendor, 123Signup, for online registration that covers automated addition to our email database and conference nametag creation.
The MMLA does not provide group registrations for departments or schools. All presenters and chairs at the convention are required to register individually.
Credit cards will not be accepted on-site. Late and on-site registration fees can only be paid using cash, check or via our third-party online vendor, 123SignUp.
Membership fees and information is available on the "Becoming a Member" page.