In a globally connected world, privacy law expertise is in high demand.
Designed for legal and non-legal professionals, the Certificate in Privacy Law focuses on security regulations, U.S. and international data privacy law and breach management.
Our Commitment to You
By the end of this program, you will be able to:
- Describe international and domestic privacy and information security laws and regulations.
- Integrate laws and regulations into operational policies and procedures to yield best practices for data privacy and information security.
- Respond to a variety of privacy breach scenarios and demonstrate improvement in skills necessary for success in a variety of privacy industry roles.
- Demonstrate the skills necessary for basic industry certification exams by the International Association of Privacy Professionals and other professional organizations.
To successfully complete the Certificate in Privacy Law, you must complete 8 credit hours of approved privacy coursework. You may start your studies during any of our three terms (spring, summer, or fall) and pace your studies as you wish, taking up to all 8 credits in a single term or a minimum of 2 credits (one course) per term. The program is offered exclusively online.
- European Union Privacy Law
- Health Care Privacy and Security
- Legal Issues in eHealth
- Privacy and Security of Corporate Information
- Privacy Breach Incident Management and Reporting
- Privacy Program Management
Tuition and Fees
The School of Law and Loyola's Office of Student Financial Assistance are committed to helping you secure the necessary financial resources to make your legal education at Loyola affordable.
Admission and Application
To apply for the Certificate in Privacy Law program, you must possess a Bachelor's degree or its equivalent from an accredited college or university. How to Apply
Dates and Deadlines
How does a certificate impact my admission to a degree program?
Completion of the certificate does not guarantee admission to the degree programs. You must amend your certificate application materials and provide additional references and statements of purpose to be considered for admission to a degree program.
Are my certificate credit hours transferable?
If admitted to one of Loyola's MJ programs, you may be eligible to transfer some of the credit hours completed as part of your certificate program toward the degree.
What can I expect from the online course experience?
Loyola's online courses are comprised of professionals from a number of industries, including banking, tax, marketing, health care, and higher education. Students join the program at various points in their career and each student brings a unique background to our programs.
Courses are taught by full-time faculty members at Loyola as well as leading practitioners, each experts in their fields. Each course is organized to teach key substantive areas and practical skills. All courses are offered online through Loyola’s learning management system and consist of reading assignments, recorded lectures, quizzes or exams, bulletin board assignments, writing assignments, and live classes. Course materials are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.