The path to knowledge need not be traveled alone
Research shows that students learn more and remember information longer when they actively engage in their own learning. One of the best ways to do this is to work in groups. When you and your peers begin asking each other questions, thinking through solutions together, and hearing answers to questions you hadn’t even thought of, you learn better. That's why our various Tutoring programs are so popular...and so effective.
The CTAE offers several different programs each semester, including class-specific tutor-led small groups, Academic Coaching groups dedicated to general academic support, and a Study Buddy Directory for students seeking out more independent collaboration with other students in the same class or subject area.
Groups formed during Fall/Spring semesters only.
Who's In Your Group
- 3-6 students per group, all taking the same course with the same instructor
- Group meets once a week (same day/time) for the entire semester
- Sessions led by a trained peer tutor
Getting the Most Out of Tutoring
- Request tutoring early in the semester - it can take 1-3 weeks to be placed with a tutoring group
- Come to every tutoring session on time
- Attend class, take notes, and do your homework outside of your tutoring time--small group tutoring is a supplemental academic support, not a substitute for doing your own work
- Bring your book, notes, graded work and tools to the tutoring sessions
- Bring your questions!
To request Tutoring, complete our Request Form by clicking here.