Scholarship Renewal Policy
Loyola academic scholarships are restricted to undergraduate tuition and are renewable as outlined in your letter of admission. Scholarships are automatically renewable for undergraduate students who:
- Successfully complete consecutive full-time enrollment (12 credit hours or more) each semester
- Maintain a 2.5 cumulative GPA after each semester at Loyola for the Damen, Deans, Jesuit, B.V.M., Sisters of Christian Charity,Trustee, Loyola, Transfer Academic,Transfer Trustee, Transfer Dean’s, PTK Scholarships, LUC Star Scholar Award (Effective entering class is Fall 17), and the Rambler and Director's Awards
- Maintain a 3.0 cumulative GPA after each semester at Loyola for the Presidential, Ignatian Full Tuition Scholarship, Transfer Presidential, Ignatian Honors and National Merit Finalist Full Tuition Scholarships
- Remain in good academic and disciplinary standing
- Academic scholarships can only be disbursed in equal portions for the fall and spring semester and cannot be used toward part time or summer school tuition.
- Students who choose to study abroad (excluding the John Felice Rome Center, Beijing Center for Chinese Studies, and any other exchange programs) forfeit scholarship eligibility for the term(s) away.
- Students are eligible for scholarship funding for up to eight consecutive semesters of full time enrollment or until graduation from the undergraduate program, whichever comes first.
In the event a student receives both internal and external scholarship funding which is restricted to tuition only and the total amount exceeds tuition, the merit based scholarship will be adjusted first to insure that the total amount does not exceed tuition.