Program Costs and Fees
Tuition and fees listed are for Loyola University Chicago students attending a semester program in Ho Chi Minh City.
If you are joining the Vietnam Center program from another university, you need to coordinate with your study abroad staff to discuss costs, billing, and how financial aid transfers. Loyola University Chicago has agreements with many institutions that will allow you to use your home institution's scholarships toward your time in Vietnam!
For any questions about your Loyola University Chicago financial aid package, please contact abroadfinaid@LUC.edu.
Program Costs for Fall 2018/Spring 2019: $15,285
Tuition is $12,600 for 13 to 19 credit hours
- full-time status is 12 to 18 credits,plus you are required to take UNIV 103: Encounters a 1-credit seminar
Program fee is $2,385 and includes:
- Furnished housing in shared residence hall rooms (up to four students per room)
- Four academic excursions throughout Vietnam and Cambodia
- Regular group outings in Ho Chi Minh City with your Bach Khoa partners
- On-site program support
CISI International Emergency Insurance: $300
Additional expenses not included:
- Meals (approx. $10/day or $1,100 in total)
- Round-trip airfare to Ho Chi Minh City (approx. $1,000–1,400)
- Required consular & visa fees (approx. $170)
- Other personal, travel, or incidental expenses
Billing for the Vietnam Center will be handled through your LOCUS account. Visiting students need to consult with their home institutions about how billing is handled. However, e-bills will be generated according to this schedule (if date falls on a weekend or holiday, it will occur on the next business day).
Tuition and Fees Due Dates
|Term||e-Bill Generated||Tuition Due Date|
|Fall Semester||July 15th||August 5th|
|Spring Semester||December 15th||May 5th|
To review a summary of your account activity online, please refer to your LOCUS Account Summary at www.luc.edu/locus.