Title/s: Lab Manager - Loyola Environmental Testing Laboratory (LETL), Analytical Chemist
Specialty Area: Soil and water testing, analytical chemistry, environmental chemistry
Office #: BVM 317
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville, TN
Ph.D. in Environmental Engineering
Dissertation: “Characterization and modeling of toxic fly ash constituents in the environment”.
- Technical University of Denmark, Lyngby Denmark
M.S. in Environmental Engineering
Thesis: “Innovative and sustainable ways to treat digested manure in a biogas plant”.
- Liaoning University, Shenyang Liaoning, China
B.S. in Analytical Chemistry
- Zhu, Z., M. K. Hsueh,Q. He. (2011). "Enhancing biomethanation of municipal waste sludge with grease trap waste as a co-substrate." Renewable Energy 36(6): 1802-1807.
- Zhenwei Zhu, Xiqing Wang, Sheng Dai, Baoshan Huang and Qiang He. (2013) “Fractional Characteristics of Coal Fly Ash for Beneficial Use.” Journal of Materials In Civil Engineering/Journal: 63-69.
- Chen, S., Z. Zhu, J. Park, Z. Zhang, Q. He.(2014) “Development of Methanoculleus – Specific Real-Time Quantitative PCR Assay for Assessing Methanogen Communities in Anaerobic Digestion”. Journal of Applied Microbiology Jun;116(6):1474-81.
- S. Chen, E.M.Zamudio Canas, Y. Zhang, Z. Zhu and Q. He. (2012) “Impact of substrate overloading on archaeal populations in anaerobic digestion of animal waste”. Journal of Applied Microbiology 113: 1371-1379.
- Zhang, Y., E. M. Zamudio, Z. Zhu, et al. (2011). "Robustness of archaeal populations in anaerobic co-digestion of dairy and poultry wastes." Bioresource Technology 102(2): 779-785.
- Stone, J. J., S. A. Clay, Z. Zhu, et al. (2009). "Effect of antimicrobial compounds tylosin and chlortetracycline during batch anaerobic swine manure digestion." Water Research 43(18): 4740-4750.
- Zhu, Zhenwei. (2011). “Characterization and modeling of toxic fly ash constituents in the environment.” Doctoral Dissertation, University of Tennessee.