Nancy Landrum, PhD
Specialty Area: Sustainable Business Management, Base of the Pyramid, Corporate Social Responsibility, Strong Sustainability, New Economics, Sustainability Strategy
Office #: BVM 315
CV Link: LandrumCV2018
Nancy Landrum joined Loyola in 2014. As a business management professor focused on sustainability in business, she holds a joint appointment between the Quinlan School of Business and the Institute of Environmental Sustainability. Landrum is co-author of Sustainable Business: An Executive’s Primer and has received awards for sustainability research, teaching, and service, including 2011 Eco-Hero in the state of Arkansas. Landrum was the former chair of the University of Arkansas at Little Rock (UALR) Sustainability Committee and a Commissioner on the Little Rock Sustainability Commission. She has also worked at Morehead State University, has been a visiting scholar in China, Finland, Germany, England, and the Netherlands, and has worked with the Navajo and Lakota Sioux. Her consulting work has included a broad range of businesses from a Fortune 100 company to a nonprofit organization in Uganda. Prior to academia, Landrum was a children’s mental health therapist, licensed social worker, and nonprofit social services administrator. Landrum is the proud parent of two adopted daughters and two rescue cats. In her spare time, Landrum enjoys travel, photography, and live theater.
- PhD of Business Administration, New Mexico State University, 2000
- MBA, Idaho State University, 1996
- MA of Clinical Psychology, Marshall University, 1990
- BA of Psychology, Marshall University, 1988
Sustainability; sustainability management; base of the pyramid strategies; corporate social responsibility; international sustainable business; strong sustainability; ecological economics; circular economy
Professional & Community Affiliations
- Academy of Management
- Net Impact
- ENVS 363: Sustainable Business Management
- ENVS 336: Biomimicry Design
- ENVS 364: Sustainability Management in the Global Context
- ENVS 332: Industrial Ecology
- MGMT 476: Advanced Topics: Sustainable Business Management
- MGMT 201: Managing People & Organizations
- Research Fellow, IES Abroad, London Center, June 2017
- Public Voices Greenhouse Fellow, The OpEd Project, Spring 2017
- Impact Leader, Green Impact Campaign, 2014
- Landrum, N. & Ohsowski, B. (in press). Identifying worldviews on corporate sustainability: A content analysis of corporate sustainability reports. Business Strategy and the Environment.
- Landrum, N. 2017. Stages of corporate sustainability: Integrating the strong sustainability worldview. Organization & Environment. DOI: http://journals.sagepub.com/doi/full/10.1177/1086026617717456
- Landrum, N. & Ohsowski, B. 2017. Content trends in sustainable business education: An analysis of introductory courses in the U.S. International Journal of Sustainability in Higher Education, 18(3): 385-414.
For a complete list of publications, awards, grants and affiliations, please see her CV.