Brendan Dailey, J.D.
Title/s: Adjunct Professor
Specialty Area: Natural Resources; Water Law; Wastewater Treatment and Stormwater Management Policies
Selected Speeches and Presentations
- “Pharmaceutical Collection and Disposal Initiatives of the MWRD,” Illinois State Bar Association 16th Annual Environmental Law Conference, Chicago, IL (May 4, 2017).
- “The Legal Framework for Resource Recovery Initiatives of the MWRD,” 2016 National Association of Clean Water Agencies Law Seminar, Kansas City, MO (November 1, 2016).
- “Amendments to IDNR’s Rules for Allocation of Water from Lake Michigan,” American Public Works Association Expo, Schaumburg, IL (May 20, 2015).
- “High Volume Horizontal Hydraulic Fracturing in Illinois: Regulations for Water Source Management,” American Water Works Association Webinar, Chicago, IL (May 13, 2015).
- “High Volume Hydraulic Fracturing: The Current State of Illinois Law,” (co-presenter) Illinois Institute for Continuing Legal Education, Chicago, IL (January 22, 2015); Collinsville, IL (January 30, 2015).
- “High Volume Hydraulic Fracturing Comes to Illinois,” (co-presenter) Air & Waste Management Association, Union League Club of Chicago, Chicago, IL (January 20, 2015).
- “Amendments to IDNR’s Rules for Allocation of Water from Lake Michigan,” Northwest Municipal Conference, Arlington Heights, IL (December 18, 2014).
- “The Legislative Process in Illinois: An Agency Perspective,” Guest Speaker to Course on Legislation, Northwestern University School of Law, Chicago, IL (February 14, 2014; February 17, 2015; February 24, 2017).
Brendan J. Dailey is a Senior Attorney in the Environmental and Real Estate Divisions of the Law Department at the Metropolitan Water Reclamation District of Greater Chicago. His prior government experience includes serving as Legal Counsel for the Illinois Department of Natural Resources and as Associate General Counsel for the Governor of Illinois. Brendan has presented on numerous natural resource topics, including Lake Michigan water allocation, hydraulic fracturing, wastewater treatment and stormwater management. Brendan graduated magna cum laude from Loyola University Chicago School of Law and graduated with a Bachelor of Arts in Political Science and Philosophy from Boston College.
- J.D., Loyola University of Chicago Law School
- B.A. (Political Science and Philosophy), Boston College
Professional & Community Affiliations
- Bar Admissions: Illinois Bar and U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois
- Greater Chicago Food Depository Associate Board, Co-Chair
- Natural Resources Law and Policy