Photo and Video Contests
2016 Study Abroad Photo and Video Contest
Now accepting photo and video submissions from Fall 2015, Spring 2016, and Summer 2016 study abroad students!
All students who studied abroad in Fall 2015, Spring 2016 and Summer 2016 terms are encouraged to submit up to 5 photos and/or 1 video that reflect your experience abroad. Submissions will be accepted until Friday, September 16th. All photos and videos must be uploaded to our contest submission form by 5:00pm on the contest deadline.
A total of four contest winners (three photos and one video) will be selected and announced at the Study Abroad Fair on Wednesday, September 21st. Contest winners will receive a $25 gift card prize. Be sure to follow @LUCstudyabroad on Instagram and the Loyola University Chicago Study Abroad page on Facebook to see your photos featured!
You are welcome to submit photos and video that reflect a variety of experiences and locations. Some recommendations for photo and video subjects include:
- Rambler Pride – Your favorite photos that involve Loyola swag, maroon and gold, or fellow Loyola classmates.
- Cultural Engagement – Candid photos engaging in the local culture, learning in a global classroom, or experiencing cross-cultural immersion through food, people, music, and more.
- Geographic Landscape – Submit photos that capture your favorite views or scenery from your study abroad experience.
- Selfie Abroad – Selfies… we all have them. Submit your favorite selfies from around the world. We will accept both solo and group selfies.
- Living the Jesuit Mission Abroad – Many of our students explore issues of social justice and social responsibility through service and education abroad. Share your favorite photos that capture the Jesuit values of global solidarity and awareness.
All photos and video must be your original material. Each individual submission should be high-resolution (1 MB or larger) and include a title, location, and caption. Photos and videos that do not include a title, location, and caption may be disqualified. Photos and video content must be taken while abroad during the Fall 2015, Spring 2016, and Summer 2016 terms. All photos and video should be free of inappropriate content.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Winners from the 2016 #10WordsOrLess Photo Contest
Study abroad students were asked to share their favorite food, place, or experience photos from their semesters abroad through Instagram using 10 words or less.
“Missing majestic cities with magical desserts”
Ellen Berkowitz- Saint Louis University Madrid, Spain (location at Cape Saint Vincent in Portugal)
“I grasp nothing and embrace all the world”
Jerome Torossian- The Beijing Center
“Chinese wedding at the Palace of Heaven”
Previous Video Contest Winners
Check out the Spring 2014 winner below:
- Trinidad & Tobago by Beatrice Alleyne
Check out some of the videos screened at the Fall 2013 Returnee Reception by clicking on the links below:
- Over the River—JFRC
- The Wangfujing Scorpion—The Beijing Center
- A Day in Tokyo—Sophia University
- Rome 2013—JFRC
- The Best of Me—Austria and JFRC
Video Contest Rules & Eligibility
*Please note that any use of copyright material that is not properly credited will be grounds for immediate dismissal from the contest. For information on copyright laws and proper artist accreditation please visit: http://www.youtube.com/t/howto_copyright