Global Center Programs
Loyola University Chicago invites students to study abroad at one of our Global Centers in Rome, Beijing, and Vietnam. These international campuses offer courses in multiple disciplines taught by Loyola and international faculty members. Semester, summer, and academic year long programs are available. All Loyola, federal, and state aid can be applied toward the program and tuition costs.
Global Partner Programs
The Office for International Programs works with carefully-screened study abroad providers to allow Loyola University Chicago students to choose from a variety locations around the globe. Students can apply to the program that best matches their academic and geographic preferences, studying alongside US, local, or international students. Academic environments can range from providers’ centers, to direct enrollment in local universities, or both. All federal, and state aid can be applied toward the program and tuition costs, except for Fordham, El Salvador, and Philipines programs (where all aid transfers).
- CIS (Oman and Internships only)
- Critical Language Scholarship
- School for Russian and Asian Studies (SRAS)
- Jesuit University Programs
- Cape Town, South Africa (Marquette University Service Learning Program)
- London, England (London Dramatic Academy, Fordham University)
- London, England (Gabelli School of Business at Fordham University)
- Madrid, Spain (Marquette University Study Center)—*Summer only
- Madrid, Spain (Saint Louis University)
- Manila, Phillipines (Casa Bayanihan, University of San Francisco)
- Santiago, Chile (La Universidad Alberto Hurtado)
- San Salvador, El Salvador (Casa de la Solidaridad, Santa Clara University)
- Uppsala, Sweden (Newman Institute)
Global Exchange Programs
In collaboration with six partner institutions around the world, Loyola University Chicago students have the opportunity to fully-immerse themselves and study alongside local and other international students. Students study in English, the local language, or both and have access to the local university’s amenities. All Loyola, federal, and state aid can be applied toward the program and tuition costs.
- Aix-en-Provence, France (L' Institut d'Etudes Politiques)
- Córdoba/Seville, Spain (Universidad Loyola Andalucía)
- Limerick, Ireland (Mary Immaculate College)
- Melbourne, Australia (Deakin University)
- Mexico City, Mexico (Universidad Iberoamerica)
- Tokyo, Japan (Sophia University)
- Seoul, Korea (Sogang University)
Global Faculty-Led Programs
The Office for International Programs works with Loyola faculty members from various departments across the university to organize faculty-led J-term, spring break and summer programs for undergraduate students. They focus on a specific topic or foreign language and vary in length from 2–4 weeks. 3–6 credits are typically awarded for these programs. Students study in English or the local language with other Loyola students.