Requests for special events and rentals of the Halas Recreation Center, West Quad, Winthrop Avenue Play Lot, and all included spaces shall be reviewed as they are received. Halas Recreation and Student Complex staff will review each request, render a decision, meet with the requesting party to discuss pertinent event details, and schedule the event if approved.
Requests for all special events must be made at least two weeks (10 business days) prior to the event date. All Non-University Organizations must submit their scheduling request at least four weeks (20 business days) prior to the event date regardless of the type of event. Internal university groups should utilize 25Live. External groups can contact Nathan Clark. After reviewing the request, notice of acceptance or denial will be given along with any details related to the planning of the event within 48 hours of the request being made.
Review and Confirmation
Rejection of events and programs will be made as time permits, generally no more than 2 business days after the request is received. However, confirmation of each request is dependent upon the finalization of schedules within all higher priority levels. Upon confirmation, details related to the planning of the event will be provided in a mandatory meeting including an invoice of outlining fees (if applicable for external clients). The following criteria will be utilized in rendering decisions to approve or deny request applications:
- The impact of existing programs and available space
- The scope and nature of the event itself – all events must comply with all State, University, Student Complex and Department of Campus Recreation regulations
- The appropriateness of the activity/event itself
- The compatibility of the activity requested and the facilities in which it will be conducted
- The group’s ability to meet all requirements relative to usage policies and procedures and event management charges
- The availability of sufficient event coordinators, chaperones, and/or advisors
- The availability of required Loyola University Chicago Campus Recreation personnel
After-hours rentals may be available to maximize the usage of the Halas Recreation Center and adjacent outdoor space for the accomplishment of the University’s educational, recreational, recruitment and community service missions. An additional staffing fee may apply due to the operation of the facility and space outside of normal operation hours.
The Halas Recreation Center and select Outdoor Spaces are to be used for recreational, instructional and competitive activities. The following groups are eligible to reserve the Halas Recreation Center, Sean Earl Field, West Quad, and Winthrop Ave. Play Lot:
- Loyola University Chicago Campus Recreation
- Loyola University Chicago Intercollegiate Athletics
- Loyola University Chicago Departments and Student Organizations
- Non-University Organizations- A group may be sponsored by Campus Recreation, and/or Conference Services who will assume all responsibility for the group’s proper and approved usage of the facility outside normal hours
All groups must be able to complete and supply any required paperwork necessary for their reservation. Specific needs will be discussed during the individual meeting with the Facility Manager of the Student Complex.
Facility Fees and Staffing Fees
External clients wishing to utilize the facility for their group will be assessed a fee based on the type of activity and space reserved. These fees will be discussed with the Facility Manager at the time the request is made. Registered Student Organizations (RSO) are not charged a facility reservation fee for any space with the exception of the Halas Rock Wall. Those pricing structures will be discussed at the time of the reservation request.