- Text—Our common summer reading for all first-year students.
- Essay Contest—Opportunity for first-years to reflect and write about the Text, and compete to win free textbooks for Spring semester, AND be the speaker at the March Lecture Series.
- Communities in Conversation—Speakers, workshops, films and discussions offered throughout the school year focused on the themes of the Text.
- Rambler Connection—Programming and events that are held on or around campus during holiday and university breaks.
This First-Year Student Retreat is held at the Loyola University Retreat and Ecology Campus (LUREC)
360 Retreat Dates for 2018–19:
- September 14 - 16
- September 28 - September 30 (Honors Students only!)
- October 19 - 21
- November 2 - 4
- January 25 - 27
- February 22 - 24
Financial assistance is available. Contact Lauren Schwer for more information.
Univ 102 - Loyola Seminars
Unique one-credit academic seminars are offered for first-years in the Spring semester.
The program will enhance the first-year experience by connecting students with campus professionals and fellow peers while building community on campus.