2015 Staff Recognition and Excellence Award Winners
The nominees and winners of the annual Staff Recognition and Excellence Awards were honored on Monday, November 23, 2015, at a ceremony held at Kasbeer Hall in the Philip H. Corboy Law Center. University Staff Council received more than 90 unique nominations from faculty, staff, and students, in addition to the 64 monthly Commitment to Excellence Award winners who were considered for the Staff Member of the Year honor.
This year’s nominations pointed to countless acts of kindness, generosity of spirit, and stories of notable staff members consistently going above and beyond "the call of duty." University Staff Council recognized individuals with the following accolades: Staff Member of the Year, Student Service Award, Rising Star Award, the Megs Langdon Award, Kay Egan Award, and Team Spirit Award. Winners represent multiple campuses and an incredible range of departments and schools.
The 2015 Staff Recognition and Excellence Award winners are:
- Staff Member of the Year: Joyce Knight, Assistant Dean, College of Arts and Sciences
- Student Service (or Person for Students) Award: Matthew Rombach, Academic Advisor, Quinlan School of Business
- Rising Star Award: Oliver Goodrich, Campus Minister, Campus Ministry
- Megs Langdon (or Person for Community) Award: Virginia McCarthy, Director, University Ministry (Health Sciences Campus)
- Kay Egan (or Person for Others) Award: Paul Miller, Program Director, Campus Recreation
- Team Spirit Award: Services for Students with Disabilities: Rebecca Ramirez-Malagon, Katie Tappel, and Andrew Hrvol
Congratulations to the 2015 awardees!