Loyola University Chicago

School of Social Work

Financial Aid & Tuition

As a graduate student you are only eligible for students loans through FAFSA

To apply for financial aid at Loyola, please complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). The FAFSA is year-specific, so you must reapply every year. Loyola's School Code is 001710.

If you are beginning the program during the summer term you must submit a FAFSA for the current academic year and the upcoming academic year.

After Loyola receives your FAFSA data we may ask you to supply additional information or documents if you are selected for either of these processes: FAFSA Verification or Quality Assurance Verification. If you are selected for one of these processes, your financial aid cannot be processed until all documents are received and reviewed by the financial aid office. Documents can be requested at any time in the process.

If you are unfamiliar with the FAFSA or how to complete this application, please take some time to review the FAFSA Overview webpage for more information. Once your FAFSA is submitted, it takes about four weeks to receive a financial aid award letter from the university. The Financial Aid Office will mail you an award letter. Financial awards will also be posted for your review in LOCUS.

Graduate students can contact the Office of Student Financial Assistance (OSFA) by e-mail at gradfinaid@luc.edu or by calling graduate financial aid at 773-508-2984. It is helpful to identify yourself as a graduate quarter or semester student when calling or sending correspondence.

For more information on the FAFSA and student loan process, please see the university's Financial Aid Office website or the Financial Aid Process Step-By-Step Guide


Currently tuition for MSW courses in the School of Social Work is $1,007 per credit hour. As a 60 credit hour program, based tuition for the MSW program is $60,420. This tuition rate does not however include mandatory university fees or increases in tuition that may incur at the start of each academic year.

More information about university fees can be found here: Graduate School of Social Work.

Information on billing and installment plans can be found on the Office of the Bursar's website: Billing/Payment