MSW Advanced Standing Option
The MSW Advanced Standing option allows recent BSW graduates to complete a MSW in a shorter amount of time—10 months for full-time students, and two years for part-time students.
To be eligible for the Advanced Standing Program the following requirements must be met:
- You earned your BSW from a CSWE-accredited institution within the past five years.
- Overall GPA of 3.0 or above.
- A 3.25 GPA or above in social work courses.
- A grade of B or higher (not B-) in all social work courses.
Students who do not meet the criteria above may still apply to the MSW Traditional program and be considered for transfer credit for any social work courses that earned a B grade or higher.
The accelerated MSW program begins in the Fall session in August. Students complete 28 total credit hours, including a 720 hour internship in their specialization area.
- Complete your MSW on an accelerated schedule: 10 months for full-time or two years for part-time students.
- Pursue your interests by choosing a specialization.
- Make professional connections and gain experience through fieldwork/internship at one of more than 300 partner agencies/nonprofits
- Graduate from Loyola's School of Social Work, rated by U.S. News & World Report as #38 in the country for graduate social work.