Incoming BSW students will be assigned two academic advisors as they move through the undergraduate degree program. BSW Freshmen and 1st semester Sophomores will be assigned an Undergraduate Advisor from the Office of First and Second Year Advising at the Sullivan Center. Transfer students will be assigned advisors according to their year in the program.
BSW Juniors and Seniors are advised by Dr. Jeanne Sokolec, BSW Program Director. Her office is located on the Water Tower Campus, 5th floor of Maguire Hall (1 E. Pearson St.) in Office 510. Dr. Jeanne Sokolec can be reached at email@example.com or 312.915.7019. 5-Year MSW students are advised by Jennifer Bernecker, Academic Advisor Coordinator. Her office is also located in Maguire Hall, Office 554. She can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org or 312.915.7038.
Students who are on academic probation may be reassigned to Dr. Sokolec regardless of their class standing. Additionally, who wish to speak with the BSW Program Director may contact Dr. Sokolec at email@example.com or 312.915.7019.
Suitable Academic Progress [SAP]
A full-time student who fails to earn any credit over one semester may be restricted to part-time enrollment at the dean's discretion. Any full-time student who fails to earn at least 9 credits over two semesters can be dismissed for a lack of academic progress. A student who is at risk of not earning credit should schedule a meeting with Dr. Sokolec at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss program options.
BSW/5-year MSW Program Templates
- BSW Academic Advising Template
- BSW/5-year MSW Program Advising Templates
- BSW Student Handbook
- BSW Independent Study Guidelines and Approval Form
- BSW Internship Deadlines
- BSW Internship Forms
University Forms & Links
- Add, Change or Drop 2nd Majors and Minors in LOCUS
- Appeal to Register for Over the Credit Hour Limit
- BSW Internal Transfer Request
- Change Your Major Through LOCUS
- Multiple Degree Request Application Form
- Pass No Pass Request Form
- Release of Academic Records
- Request to Discontinue School or College Form
- Request to Repeat a Class
- Undergraduate Request for an Incomplete form
- Undergraduate Request to Audit a Course form