The five-year BA/MS program in Advertising/Public Relations and Global Strategic Communication is an interdisciplinary program, offering courses from several departments and schools.
This mandatory sequence does not include Core curriculum requirements, or any minor requirements (if applicable). For such information, please contact your assigned academic advisor.
FNAR = Fine Arts
ISSCM = Information Systems and Supply Chain Management
MARK = Marketing Total
Total Credits Hours: 82
- COMM 175: Intro to Communication
- COMM 100: SOC Seminar
- COMM 200: Communication & New Media
- COMM 215: Ethics and Communication
- COMM 210: Principles of Public Relations
- COMM 211: Principles of Advertising
- MARK 201: Principles of Marketing
Two Specialized Focus Courses (Chosen from list below)*
- Research Course (Chosen from list below)
- Specialized Focus Course (WI)
- COMM 391 Ad/PR Internship
- COMM 401: Foundations of Global Strategic Communication
- COMM 413: Writing for Strategic Communication
- AdPR/GSC 300-Level Elective (Chosen from list below)
- COMM 403: Strategic Communication Research Methods
- COMM 411: Strategic Communication Ethics & Law
Begin Master's Program
Summer Post Baccalaureate and/or January Two-Week International Study and Immersion
- COMM 421: Topics in Global Strategic Communication (required once)
- COMM 402: Organizational Leadership & Change Management
- COMM 431: Campaign Development
- GSC Elective
- COMM 441: Global Strategic Communication Capstone
- Two GSC Electives
To be eligible to complete the BA/MS Program, students must have and maintain a minimum cumulative 3.0 GPA.
Double majoring and minoring is not permitted within the School of Communication.