Exhibit On Display
The School of Communication regularly hosts both student-produced and professional exhibits on a variety of issues related to communication.
The Fall 2017 Exhibit:
Internet Memes :: Internet Folk by Ryan M. Milner.
A professor of media communication at the College of Charleston, Ryan M. Milner has been researching internet memes since 2010, and has spent lots and lots of time online since long before that. In this exhibit, he catalogues hundreds of images created by the unknown, everyday artists responsible for the quips, jokes, puns, aphorisms, satire, and commentary that ceaselessly flit across our screens. By offering a small sample of internet memes, this collection showcases how folks on the internet make the internet folk.
Spring 2017 Exhibit:
Past exhibits include:
- Appetite for Distraction by Josh Davis
- Good Hands. Great Advertising by Allstate Insurance and Leo Burnett Worldwide
- Exploring Virtual Worlds by Philip Mallory Jones, Sina Souza, and Shirley Hunt
- The Chicago Church Project by Loyola University Chicago students
- Working in Chicago by Loyola University Chicago students
- Rust Belt Cities by Jerome De Perlinghi
- Seen/Unseen by Sandro
- Photographs of China’s Underground Catholic Church by Lu Nan
- History of Graffiti by Jim Prigoff