Loyola University Chicago Debate Team
Founded in 1875, the debate team is the oldest student organization on campus. The team is open to all undergraduates.
Style: British Parliamentary
Although we are a parliamentary team we invite students with no experience or experience in other styles of debate to join us. Students from a variety of styles have been successful in our program.
Fall 2018 Events
Our meeting times vary. For information about meeting times email David Romanelli the Director of Debate, email@example.com
- September 14th-16th: William Jewell
- September 22nd: Wheaton Tournament
- September 30th: All are welcome to watch, debate, or judge. We will have a workshop with the CIDD British touring debaters at the end of the debates @ Loyola Chicago (WTC)
- October 19th-21st: Denver University
- October 25th: Harry Potter Debate Tournament
- October 27th: Oakton CC
- Nov 1st-4th: North American Debating Championship
- Nov 9th-12th: Oxford Inter Varsity Debate Tournament
- Nov 15th-18th: Cambridge
Rambler Debate Tournament
The Loyola University Chicago Debate Team hosts the annual Rambler Debate Scrimmage one weekend during fall semester. Each February we host a two day invitational that draws teams from around the country.
The debates follow the Midwest Debate Association’s BP guidelines. Each debate a new topic dealing with issues of the day will be selected. Students are welcome to attend and serve as audience members if they do not wish to compete. For more information, contact David Romanelli, Director of Debate, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Urban Debate League
Loyola is committed to the support of the Urban Debate League of Chicago. Debaters often serve as critics/mentors for the UDL.