Organizational Leadership and Change Management: Communication in the Digital Age
Change management is a sophisticated juggling act, for which few leaders get sufficient training. Communication, which is a core component of effective change and innovation, is even more challenging in the digital age. Loyola’s School of Communication offers a new certificate course custom-tailored for managers who want to accelerate the pace of successful change in their organizations. This eight-week program will be guided by Loyola’s internationally recognized expert in leadership, management and communication, Jill Geisler, along with top faculty in business communication, social media and ethics.
Managers who want to accelerate the pace of successful change in their organizations, including but not limited to:
- Managers tasked with leading change on the front lines.
- Managers who were promoted because of their great track record as employees, but who have had little formal leadership training.
- Aspiring managers whose supervisors have identified them as emerging leaders.
- Team leaders in flatter organizations who must lead through influence, rather than formal management authority.
This course combines online learning with a focused 3-day program at Loyola, plus personalized coaching afterward. Participants will be able to shape their learning around their organization’s needs and their personal leadership strengths and challenges.
September 25th - November 20th
- 5 Key Change Accelerators and How to Master Them
- The Upgraded Communication Toolkit – from Traditional to Digital to Social
- Feedback with Impact – Growing Performance and Quality
- Accountability: Holding Tough Conversations with Top Outcomes
- How to Be a Coach, Not a Fixer
- Better Brainstorming and Innovation by Design
- Integrity in a World of Fake News and Manipulated Images
- A Process for Ethical Decision-Making when Stakes Are High
- Trust Builders and Busters for Managers
- Managing across Difference in Changing Times
Online Session One: Four Weeks
6:30pm - 7:45pm Central Time
In-Person at Loyola Chicago’s Water Tower Campus
Online Session Two: Three Weeks
Jill Geisler is Loyola’s Bill Plante Chair in Leadership and Media Integrity. She is the author of “Work Happy: What Great Bosses Know,” and the producer of two popular podcasts, including her most recent “Q&A: Leadership and Integrity in the Digital Age.” Her podcasts have enjoyed millions of downloads worldwide on iTunes U. She teaches change management and leadership in disciplines as diverse as medicine, technology, distribution, media, and education – in locations that range from Boston to Bhutan.