IFAM Art Gallery
Submit your work for the IFAM Art Gallery, Unified in Diversity!
In support with the Ignatian Family Advocacy Month topic of immigration, Community Service & Action wants to celebrate unity in diversity through art! We are accepting works of art that convey stories of immigrants and refugees, celebrate diversity, or express the Catholic church's call for solidarity with "the stranger."
Gallery Items may include:
2-d gallery items to be hung should be no larger than 18"x24". 3-D gallery items should be no larger than 18"x24"x24".
By February 23, send email@example.com the following:
- a digital version or picture of the work(s)
- artist's name
- title of the work(s)
- brief artist's statement about the work(s) and its relation to unity in diversity
After February 23, works will be reviewed by a committee and selected for that art gallery based on appropriateness with the gallery theme. Artists will be notified by February 24.
Works selected for the gallery should be dropped off to Damen 217 from February 27 - March 3 between the hours of 8:30 a.m. and 5:00 p.m.
Works will be displayed on the second floor of Damen through the month of March to celebrate IFAM. The art gallery will be under supervision from 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. The gallery will be locked during all other times. Community Service & Action is not liable for any damage caused to works.
Works will be available for pick-up in Damen 217 in April.
To inspire or inform your art work, check out the Catholic Church's resources below on human migration:
- Resources from the Ignatian Solidarity Network for IFAM 2017
- The Catholic Church's teachings on Immigration
- Pope Francis' comments on Migrants & Refugees
- Cardinal Blasé J. Cupich's statement on Refugees & Migrants
- What the Jesuit Conference is doing about humane Migrant Policies
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.