Emerging Greek Leaders Program
What is the Emerging Greek Leaders Program (EGLP)?
Emerging Greek Leaders Program is a leadership development program that provides a space for students who have recently joined their sorority or fraternity and are looking to have in depth conversations about the foundations of leadership, justice, and chapter involvement. EGLP uses a cohort-based model to develop community among participants who meet seven times throughout the fall semester. By participating in the program, students will have the opportunity to engage in the leadership process through experiential learning activities and group discussions.
Who is an Emerging Greek Leader?
- Any member of the Sorority & Fraternity Life community who wishes to explore their personal philosophy of leadership
- Sorority & Fraternity Life members wanting to develop skills to more effectively work in teams and/or organizations
- Sorority & Fraternity Life members wanting to gain knowledge and tools to aid their ability to create positive social change on campus and in the global community.
As a result of participating in the Emerging Greek Leaders Program, students will be able to:
- Describe the knowledge and skills they have gained from the Social Change Model of Leadership and the Student Leadership Practices Inventory
- Develop and articulate a higher level of self-efficacy in their ability to engage in opportunities for leadership development
- Articulate what they have learned about themselves, others, and systems that contribute to the understanding of self and others identities
How do you register for the program?
EGLP is currently a one semester (fall 2017) program that begins September 14th, 2017. EGLP will meet bi-weekly every Thursday from 5-6:30PM (September 14th, 28th, October 12th, 26th, and November 9th, 16th, and 30th). You can register for the program here. For more information, please contact Astrid Beltran at firstname.lastname@example.org or Josh Jarvi at email@example.com