Crime Alert - Strong Armed Robbery
July 28, 2014
Campus Safety is writing to notify you of a strong-armed robbery that occurred on the corner of Sheridan and Columbia at approximately 12:45 a.m. on Monday, July 28.
The victim, a Loyola student, was walking to her residence from the Loyola CTA Red Line when she was stopped near the intersection of Columbia and Sheridan by a male subject who asked her for a dollar. The victim opened her wallet, and then the subject grabbed the wallet from her hand and removed all of the money. The subject then fled the area in a southerly direction towards the CTA Red Line.
A description of the subject is: male, approximately 18-22 years of age, 6’0”, black hair in a buzz cut. He was last seen wearing a white shirt and black pants.
Anyone who may have information about this incident should contact Campus Safety at 773.508.6039.
Please also keep the following safety tips in mind.
- Walk or jog with a friend whenever possible
- Stay alert and tuned-in to your surroundings
- Walk or jog in well-lit areas; stay away from alleys
- Do not listen to earphones while out alone, as this minimizes your ability to hear an approaching threat; it also advertises to a would-be thief that you may have a desirable item to steal
- Tell someone where you are going and when you will return
Joseph J. Bogdalek
Deputy Chief, Campus Safety