Program Costs and Study Abroad Scholarships
Getting to Rome shouldn't be a problem. In fact, with our affordable payment plan, scholarships, and discounts, a semester at the JFRC may actually cost less than staying home. Here's the breakdown:
JFRC Semester Costs 2017-2018 for Loyola University Chicago students
- Tuition (12-18 credits) - LUC students will pay the tuition listed for their LUC home college / entering year
- Room and board - $6,606
- Study abroad fee (payable upon application) - $100
- Technology Fee - $125
- Study Visa Fee - $60
- Permesso di soggiorno fee - $180
- SAFEY App - $70
- CISI (international student health insurance) - $300
Total (excluding scholarships, financial aid, and other discounts) - depends on LUC home college tuition rate; ranges from $28,200 to $28,675,
Semester Costs for Visiting Students to the JFRC will vary significantly from those above. Contact email@example.com for details.
Tuition Due Dates
|Term||e-Bill Generated||Tuition Due Date|
|Fall||July 15th||August 5th|
|Spring||December 15th||January 5th|
|Summer||April 15th||May 5th|
To review a summary of your account activity online, please refer to your LOCUS Account Summary at www.luc.edu/locus.
For more information please visit the Bursar's website.
Follow the Study Abroad Scholarships link and apply for one of the several scholarships available to all JFRC students during the Fall, Spring and Summer semesters.
- Consult your home institution's study abroad advisor to confirm costs of the JFRC and what aid may apply.
- Tuition and fees at the JFRC are comparable to, and may cost less than, a semester in Chicago.
- All federal, state, and Loyola aid will apply (federal work study does not).
- Office of the Bursar
- Choose a six-week option or an eight-week internship
- 6-week on campus
- 6-week archaeology/classical history fusion on campus and in Sicily
- 6-week food, wine, and photography fusion on campus and in Abruzzo
- 8-week internship in the city of Rome
- Three all-day-long excursions are included in each option
- Enjoy extended off-campus orientation outside of Rome.
- Acclimate yourself to your new surroundings through on-site lectures at the Colosseum and Roman Forum.
Still have questions? To learn more about the John Felice Rome Center please contact a JFRC Representative. Also visit the scholarship page to see if you may be eligible for a study abroad scholarship.