Summer Course Offerings
For more information about our Summer 2018 Programs click here.
All Summer JFRC students must enroll for two courses (six semester hours).
Books are available at the Loyola University Bookstore - Lakeshore Campus or online at www.luc-lsc.bkstr.com.
|Dept/Crse #||Class #||Course Title||Dept/Crse #||Class #||Course Title|
|ANTH 101||#2464||Human Origins (fulfills tier 2 core in scientific knowledge)|
Topography of Rome
Writing of Fiction: Writing Rome (fulfills core in artistic knowledge & experience)
Art in Rome (fulfills core in artistic knowledge & experience)
Survey of Islamic History (fulfills tier 2 core in historical knowledge)
|LITR 161||#2459||Introduction to Italian Culture|
|ITAL 101||#2468||LITR 280||#2463||Masterpieces in Translation (fulfills tier 2 core in literary knowledge)|
|ITAL 102||#2469||THEO 279||#2458||
Roman Catholicism: Theology of Pilgrimage (fulfills tier 2 core in theological & religious studies knowledge)
Aesthetics: The Aesthetic Experience in Rome (fulfills tier 2 core in philosophical knowledge)
|FUSION: CLST 276 & CLST 334R||#2673; #2647||
World of Classical Rome (fulfills tier 2 core in historical knowledge) & Classical Archaeology: Italy
|FUSION: FNAR 115 & LITR 268R||#2471; #2470|
|INTERNSHIP: ROST 370 & ITAL 300||#2675; #2676||
International Internship: Focus on Rome & Applied Italian for the Workplace
All courses offered at the JFRC during its summer session carry three semester hours of credit unless specified otherwise.
A unique feature among the summer course offerings is the Fusion Experience. Offered again in 2018 will be
- Fusion Experience #1: Comparative Italian Cultures & Photography
- LITR 268R Italian Culture: Food & Wine
- FNAR 115 Foundations of Photography (Artistic Knowledge Core)
- Fusion Experience #2: Archaeology: Digging up the Past (Sicily)
- CLST 334R Introduction to Classical Archaeology (ANTH 334 cross-lists with CLST 334R)
- CLST 276 World of Classical Rome (Tier 2 History Core)
Students selecting one of these Fusion Experiences will spend two-to-three weeks at the JFRC campus, then travel either to Sicily or the Abruzzo region for two-to-three weeks. Students will be required to enroll in both classes associated with an experience. There will be no additional cost for either experience.
Benefits of a Fusion Experience:
- These experiences fuse content from two different subject areas. The two classes connected to each experience have been intentionally selected so that the courses complement each other.
- These experiences fuse theory with practice, as students will be applying what is learned in the classroom to out of the classroom, hands-on experiences.
- These experiences fuse two different regions of Italy into one experience, e.g., Rome/Lazio with Abruzzo OR Rome/Lazio with Sicily, providing a comparative perspective.