Back-to-school news for faculty
The Office of Registration and Records encourages you to refer to this site throughout the academic year. Here are a number of tools we provide to assist you, but remember we can always be contacted directly:
LOCUS is your portal to the student information system. To help you use LOCUS effectively, a LOCUS Training site has been established. The faculty training materials located under Helpful LOCUS Documentation consist of tutorials on:
- Obtaining class rosters
- First-week-of-class enrollment confirmation
- Entering early-alert-mid-term grades
- Entering final grades
- Grade entry FAQ
For more information about LOCUS training, contact Nick Jones at: StudentInformationSystem@luc.edu.
The mailboxes listed below are a monitored closely by our office. Please use them to report, request or make inquires regarding the areas to which they pertain:
- ClassScheduling@luc.edu: Used by department chairs and administrators to develop and address class scheduling needs; including updates to class sections, instructors, meeting patterns, classroom assignments, and adding new courses & sections.
- FERPA@luc.edu: For all questions related to the Family Education Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA).
- Records@luc.edu: For grade change issues, registration, appointment time, degree posting, add/drop issues, room capacity, blocking individual student registration for a class.
- Registrar@luc.edu: For general registration and records related questions such as student-generated questions, verifications, transcript inquiries, and similar issues.
- StudentInformationSystem@luc.edu: For questions concerning faculty and staff use of LOCUS, the student information system.
Use these links to keep important key dates in front of you. You may find it helpful to be aware of the following dates that impact the academic life of your students.
- Calendars: http://www.luc.edu/academics/schedules/. The academic calendars and schedules located here contain the add/drop schedule, the bursar billing schedule and the exam schedule.
- Registration Schedule: http://www.luc.edu/academics/schedules/registration.shtml. Use this link to plan ahead.
1. The early alert/midterm grade date that enables the university to track students who may be struggling academically.
2. Final grades, which are due within 72 hours of the end of finals.
Please see the Final Exam Schedule for the current term and note that if your class is offered in a time block that is off the grid (starting and/or ending outside of the assigned meeting times), your exam must be given in the "Others" block.
We encourage you to explore this Website. You will find many valuable university resources available to you on the Faculty�and Staff page.