Sport Management Minor
Non-Quinlan students who wish to expand their skills in sport management may pursue a minor in this field. The sport management minor requires 18 total credit hours in the following courses:
- SPRT 130. Introduction to Sport Management
- Two courses from the following:
- ACCT 201. Introductory Accounting I
- ECON 201. Principles of Economics I (Micro) or ECON 202. Principles of Economics II (Macro)
- INFS 247. Business Information Systems
- MGMT 201. Managing People and Organizations
- MARK 201. Principles of Marketing
- Three 300-level sport management courses
Quinlan students who wish to pursue a minor in sport management must complete SPRT 130 and three 300-level sport management courses.
At the discretion of the Quinlan School of Business assistant dean, a maximum of one transfer course taken prior to matriculating at Loyola University Chicago may be allowed. A 2.0 average GPA is required for all attempted business courses.
Quinlan students are limited to double dipping once (that is, counting one course twice) between any major or minor combination, regardless of what program the major or minor is taken in. Non-Quinlan students are limited to double dipping twice (that is, counting two courses twice) between business school minors and/or their respective majors.
Students planning to study abroad are encouraged to meet with their academic advisor early in the planning stage. A student will be permitted to take up to two approved courses in any Quinlan major or minor (and including BA Economics majors). All courses must be approved by the Quinlan Undergraduate Dean.