Non-Quinlan students who are pursuing other majors but who wish to expand their skills in this field may pursue a minor in finance. All finance minors must complete the following courses:
- ACCT 201. Introductory Accounting I
- ECON 201. Principles of Economics I (Micro)
- ISSCM 241. Business Statistics*
- FINC 334: Principles of Corporate Finance (prerequisite: sophomore standing, minimum grade of “C-“ or better in ECON 201, ISSCM 241, ACCT 201, MATH 131 or 161. ACCT can be co-requisite; must take before additional FINC course)
- FINC 335. Investments (prerequisite: junior standing, minimum grade of “C-“ or better in FINC 334; must take before additional 300-level FINC course)
- One additional 300-level finance class
*Students who have completed STAT 103 must take INFS 247 (Business Information Systems) in place of ISSCM 241.
*Students who have completed FINC 332 prior to Fall of 2017 fulfill the requirement for the prerequisite for the upper-division (300 and above) FINC courses
Quinlan students will take two additional 300-level finance classes after FINC 335.
At the discretion of the Quinlan School of Business assistant dean, a maximum of one transfer course taken prior to matriculating at Loyola University Chicago may be allowed. A 2.0 average GPA is required for all attempted business courses.
Quinlan students are limited to double dipping once (that is, counting one course twice) between any major or minor combination, regardless of what program the major or minor is taken in. Non-Quinlan students are limited to double dipping twice (that is, counting two courses twice) between business school minors and/or their respective majors.
Students planning to study abroad are encouraged to meet with their academic advisor early in the planning stage. A student will be permitted to take up to two approved courses in any Quinlan major or minor (and including BA Economics majors). All courses must be approved by the Quinlan Undergraduate Dean.