The Quinlan School of Business Newsletter (Biz Buzz) is published by the Quinlan School of Business Undergraduate Programs Office. The newsletter is designed to publicize important information specific to Loyola University Chicago Business Students. Emailed bi-weekly, the undergraduate newsletter communicates information on important dates, speakers, academic information and extracurricular activities. If you have any questions regarding the newsletter, please email Allison Davis at email@example.com or call 312.915.6113
Biz Buzz - February 12, 2019
News from the Undergraduate Programs Office
February 11: Summer registration began
February 17: Last day to drop class(es) with a Bursar credit of 20% (zero credit thereafter)
March 1: Last day to apply for Fall 2019 graduation
March 4-9: Spring Break; no classes
UNDERGRADUATE PROGRAM NEWS
Schreiber Center, Suite 320, WTC | QuinlanUBUS@LUC.edu | 312.915.6113
1. Graduating in Spring or Summer 19? If you need to make any changes (ie: add/drop major or minor) to an already filed graduation application, or you missed the deadline to apply, please complete a new graduation application with updated info in Schreiber Center 320. If you have questions, please visit LUC.edu/Quinlan/undergraduate/Graduation or set up an advising appointment by calling 312.915.6113.
2. Thinking about getting internship credit? More information on how to get academic credit for internships can be found here: LUC.edu/quinlan/undergraduate/internshipcredit. If you have questions regarding either BSAD 220, 300 or 351, please email QuinlanUBUS@LUC.edu.
3. Have you declared a major or want to change it? Students who have not applied for graduation can change their major/minor in Locus. If you have applied for graduation please come in to Schreiber Center, Suite 320, WTC to change or add a major/minor. If you have majors in more than one school/college or you are an athlete, please talk to your academic advisor for assistance.
Schreiber Center, Suite 320, WTC | QuinlanEvents@LUC.edu
Fisher Family Conversation with Amy Francetic
Sponsored by the Baumhart Center
February 19 | 6:00-7:30pm
Schreiber Center, Room 1001
Francetic is currently Managing Director of Energize Ventures, where she leads a $150 million venture fund focused on bringing digital technology to energy and industrial businesses. Prior to this role, Francetic served as co-founder and CEO of technology accelerator Clean Energy Trust, which has invested in dozens of early-stage clean energy companies across the Midwestern US. Early in her career, Francetic was co-founder and CEO of a tech company that she sold to Lego Systems. For her leadership in business and technology, she has been named Corporate Citizen of the Year (Executives’ Club of Chicago) and Leading Woman in Technology (Illinois Technology Association).
Join us from 6 to 7:30 p.m. on February 19th for a conversation and mentorship forum with Amy Francetic, cohosted by the Baumhart Center and Ignite Lab.
The event is free but registration is required.
May 2019 Commencement Information
Mark your calendars!
Quinlan Honors and Awards Ceremony
By invitation only
Wednesday, May 8, 2:30 p.m. – Kasbeer Hall - Corboy Law Center, WTC
Wednesday, May 8, 4:00 – 7:00 p.m. – Schreiber Center, WTC
Thursday, May 9, 9:00 a.m. – Gentile Arena, LSC
Additional information regarding graduation will be e-mailed to eligible students soon. Students may also refer to the Commencement Website and upcoming emails from Loyola University Chicago and the Quinlan School of Business regarding any information about Commencement 2019.
Continue checking RamblerLink for updated events and news from Business Career Services.
Spring Career and Networking Fair
SCHR 9th and 10th floors
LinkedIn headshot opportunity at the fair: 3-5:30 PM, First Floor (First come, first served)
Students: Prepare and register through RamblerLink→
- RSVP under "Events" > "Career Fairs"
- Upload your best resume
- Research companies and firms that will be at the fair
- Attend "Successfully Navigate a Fair: Tips,Tools and Insights" on Feb. 6, 4:30 p.m., Schreiber, Floor 9
- Review job and internship descriptions, and express your interest directly to employers before the fair
- Wear professional attire and bring plenty of resumes to the fair
Learn more at LUC.edu/Quinlan/Careers or contact QuinlanCareers@LUC.edu.
Jefferies Inspiring Women for Finance Symposium
Free, All Expenses Covered, Professional Development Opportunity for Women-Identified Students
The 3rd Annual Jefferies Inspiring Women for Finance Symposium on Friday, March 29th! This program is directed toward students who identify as women and have interest in the investment banking industry.
Attendance at the Symposium will showcase a day in the life at a global investment bank.
If you decide to apply, please email Ashley Ritter by Feb. 20th with the subject line, Jefferies Conference. (See attached for application information.)
If you would like more information before submitting your materials, please indicate that in your email subject line with “Jefferies, learn more.” and Ashley can connect you to someone at the firm to learn more.
Listed events are open to all Quinlan School of Business students. Student organizations or departments interested in submitting an event or meeting announcement in Biz Buzz should click here.
Valentine's Day Roses
Sponsored by the International Business Society
Thursday, February 14; SCHR Lobby
$2 roses in the Schreiber Lobby on Valentine's Day! Don't have a Valentine? Purchase a rose and we'll donate it to someone special, on your behalf, through Random Acts of Flowers!
US Visa Info Session
Sponsored by the International Business Society
Monday, February 18 | 4:00-5:30 PM
Get all your questions answered at our Visa Information Session with International Student Services Representatives and a panel of international alumni.
Presentation + Q&A
Learn everything you need to know about visas with reps from the International Student Services office.
Learn how to navigate the job market as an international students from Loyola alumni.
Rambler Investment Fund
Loyola's student-run fund, the Rambler Investment Fund, has begun its weekly meetings. All students are welcome to attend the meetings and are invited to take part in making investment decisions in our $1,000,000 portfolio. No prior investing experience is required. There will be networking opportunities with industry professionals throughout the semester. Meetings are weekly, every Friday, at 5:00pm in the CME Analytics Lab (SCHR 302). Email RIF@LUC.edu with any questions.
Loyola Limited, Loyola's undergraduate student-run and managed business enterprises is hiring! Click here to learn about current openings. Please contact Ashley Kennedy, CEO, with questions.
Previous editions of Biz Buzz can be found on the Quinlan Sakai site.