The finance department officially has its very own panel of experts.
The graduate and undergraduate finance programs announced the formation of an advisory board on March 18. Its purpose is threefold: to get continuous feedback and ideas for new finance courses, to offer potential avenues for students to get internships, and to provide students with networking opportunities.
“To ensure that we remain on the cutting-edge of this quickly evolving industry, we will look to the advisory board to assist in the development and refinement of our curriculum to see that it remains rigorous,” says Tom Nohel, associate professor and director of Quinlan’s MS in Finance program.
The board’s first meeting is scheduled for the end of April. The first item on the agenda is getting feedback on two ideas for new courses. One is a potential graduate course on fixed income security. The other is a potential undergraduate course on trading strategies.
Nohel, along with Steven Todd, associate professor of finance and chair of Quinlan’s Finance Department, will soon be coordinating with board members on internship and networking opportunities.
“While Business Career Services focuses more on professional development, the advisory board will focus more on new relationships specific to the field of finance,” Todd says.
The advisory board is made up of the following 14 business leaders and industry executives. Asterisks denote Quinlan alumni.
- Jorge Aseff, Head of Fixed Income Quantitative Research, Brown Brothers Harriman (NY)
- Tim Fitzgibbon, MD, Wealth Management, JPMorgan Chase*
- Patrick Galley, Chief Investment Officer, River North Capital
- Corey Gallon, Partner, Roark Labs*
- Michele Gambera, Head of Quantitative Analysis, GIS Global Investment Solutions, UBS
- Fotis Giannakoulis, VP and Lead Maritime Analyst, Morgan Stanley (NY)*
- Susan Gulotta, VP of Operations, OptionsHouse LLC*
- Robert Gyorgy, VP Client Solutions Group, Northern Trust Asset Management*
- Gene Huang, Corporate Vice President and Chief Economist, Abbott Labs
- Alex Koh, MD, Head of Global Credit Technology, Citigroup (NY)
- Edward Provost, President and COO, CBOE*
- Stephen Rhee, COO and MD, AON eSolutions*
- Joe Rizzi, Consultant, Macrostrategies LLC
- Christopher Vincent, CFA, Head of Fixed Income, William Blair