About this conference
Great leaders inspire great culture, and great culture inspires exceptional performance. Join us for an interactive look at how incredible work cultures are often directly linked to the skills, values and behaviors of exceptional leadership. Learn how you can harness these same characteristics to boost performance and make your family business an even greater place to work!
This immersive conference will provide hands-on opportunities to explore your own leadership skills, values, and behaviors and evaluate your family business culture.
Any and all Family Business Center Members. We highly encourage family members to bring people involved in HR, communications or culture. If you're a Member and you'd like to bring a non-Member guest, contact us for approval.
Thursday, March 22, 2018
Location: Ritz-Carlton Chicago
Agenda & Session Descriptions
8am · Registration
8:30am · Manage Yourself, Lead Others with Jill Geisler
9:45am · Networking Break
10am · The Culture Journey with Tim Kuppler
Noon · Lunch
1pm · Mapping It (group exercise) with Tim Kuppler and Julie Jacobs
2pm · Q&A on Family Business Culture with Andrew Keyt
3pm · Adjourn
No manager is perfect, but the best consistently do certain things that set them apart. In this interactive session, Jill Geisler will guide us through 13 leadership skills, values and behaviors for you to better lead your family business. Grade yourself on each one as Jill provides tips and insights along the way. She'll also tap into the wisdom in the room. Take your results home with you and develop a plan for managing yourself, so you can lead others.
- Understand how your personal and family values are connected to your choices and behaviors
- Discover a deeper understanding of key leadership skills in your family business, from communication to change management to coaching
- Gain practical insights into trust, motivation and inspiration
Tim will demonstrate his learning approach, The Culture Journey Learning Map®, to help family business leaders understand the complexities of their culture and its connection to performance improvement. This workshop tool combines peer learning with targeted lessons that can define and illustrate facts of your own culture that are not widely understood.
- Learn effective approaches to foster culture development and performance improvement.
- Discover how your Family Business culture was created and impacted by generational patterns.
- Uncover the layers of your Family Business culture that shape and reinforce its current state.
- Adopt methods to create positive common language and understanding within your culture.
- Explore how major changes can evolve culture and yield positive results.
- Understand how the skills and behavior of leaders at all levels must evolve for sustainable culture change or development.
- Apply learnings at each step of the workshop and take away your completed participant workbook.
Bill Plante Chair in Leadership & Media Integrity
Loyola University Chicago
Author of Work Happy: What Great Bosses Know
Director of Culture and Organization Development
For more information about this event, contact Anne Smart at email@example.com or 312-915-6490.