Faculty and Staff
Stacy Neier Beran
Title/s: Senior Lecturer
Office #: Schreiber 428
Dr. Neier began teaching in the Department of Marketing for Quinlan School of Business in 2008. Her professional background includes roles in marketing research and consumer insights for Gap Inc. and Euromonitor International. Accordingly, her classes focus on Marketing Research as an essential tool to drive effective marketing strategies. She also teaches Fundamentals of Marketing, Consumer Behavior, Research Practicum, Retailing Management, and Microenterprise Consulting. Each course offers aims to offer opportunities to engage in Chicagoland business community.
- PhD, Research Methodology, School of Education, Loyola University Chicago, Dissertation: Social media and reflective thinking: a case study of generation Y business students
- MBA, Quinlan School of Business, Loyola University Chicago
- BS, Human Environmental Sciences, University of Missouri-Columbia
- BS, Marketing, University of Missouri-Columbia
- Senior Lecturer, Department of Marketing, Quinlan School of Business, Loyola University Chicago, Fall 2013-Present
- Lecturer, Department of Marketing, Quinlan School of Business, Loyola University Chicago, Fall 2008-Spring 2013
- Adjunct Faculty, Fashion Marketing and Merchandising, Art Institutes, Fall 2007-Fall 2008
- Epistemology and Reflective Judgment
- Social Media in Pedagogy
- Research Methodology
Professional & Community Affiliations
- WIRe (Women in Research)
- Midwest Marketing Educational Foundation Board of Trustees (MMEF, formerly Chicago Association of Direct Marketing Education Foundation or CADMEF)
- MARK 201 Principles of Marketing
- MARK 310 Consumer Behavior
- MARK 311E Marketing Research (Engaged Learning)
- MARK 360W Retailing (Writing Intensive)
- BHNR 353 Research Practicum (Engaged Learning, Business Honors)
- MGMT 335/435 Microenterprise Consulting (Engaged Learning)
- Delta Sigma Pi
- Loyola Limited Board of Advisors
- Kolvenbach Award for Engaged Teaching, Loyola University Chicago, Spring 2017
- Bronze Award, Jacobs & Clevenger Case Writers, BowTie Cause: How to Tie an IMC Plan, Fall 2016
- Outstanding Undergraduate Instructor of the Year, Quinlan School of Business 2013
- Best Market Research, Collegiate ECHO Challenge, Direct Marketing Educational Foundation, July 2013
- Gold Award, Jacobs & Clevenger Case Writers, Greenola: A Brand on a Mission, Fall 2012
- Bronze Award, Jacobs & Clevenger Case Writers, ING Direct Cafes, Fall 2010
- College of Human Environmental Sciences New Professional Award, University of Missouri-Columbia, April 2010
Selected Publications and Conference Proceedings
Neier, S., Homan F., and McGrath, M. (2016) BowTie Cause: How to Tie an IMC Plan. The IMC Handbook, Readings & Cases in Integrated Marketing Communications. Racom Communications.
Neier, S., and Zayer, LT. (2015). Students’ Perceptions and Experiences of Social Media in Higher Education. Journal of Marketing Education, 37(2), 2-11.
Neier, Stacy, Linda Tuncay Zayer, and Carolyn Rivers, “Social Media as Innovation: Students’ Perceptions on the Use of Social Media Tools in Pedagogy,” working paper abstract, European Advances for Consumer Research, v.14, 2014.
Lowrey, Tina, Stacy Neier, Cele Otnes, Carolyn Rivers, Srinivas Venugopal, Madhu Viswanathan, Linda Tuncay Zayer (alphabetical order), “Using the Shopping with Consumers Technique,” European Association for Consumer Research, Barcelona, Spain, July 2013.
Neier, Stacy and Linda Tuncay Zayer, “Exploring Social Media as a Pedagogical Tool,” Chicago Association of Direct Marketing Educational Foundation IMC Roundtable, Chicago, IL, May 2013.
Neier, S. and Hassert, O. (2013). GREENOLAStyle: A brand on a mission. International Journal of Marketing Communications.
Neier, S., Tarter, B., Zahay-Blatz, D. (2012). ING Direct Cafés. The IMC Handbook, Readings & Cases in Integrated Marketing Communications. Racom Communications.
Zayer, Linda Tuncay and Stacy Neier, “An Exploration of Men’s Brand Relationships,” Qualitative Market Research: An International Journal, 14 (1) 2011, 83-104.
Neier, Stacy and Linda Tuncay, “Men’s Consumer-Brand Relationships,”European Advances in Consumer Research, working paper abstract, v.8, 2008.
Neier, Stacy, and Linda Tuncay, “Men’s Consumer-Brand Relationships,”European Association for Consumer Research, working paper poster presentation, Milan, Italy, July 2007.