Supply Chain Management Essentials
Upcoming Sessions and Fees
Class Times: 2-day session, 8:30 a.m.–4:30 p.m.
Program Fee: $1500
The fee listed above includes tuition, all program materials (assessment, course packet, etc.), breakfast, coffee breaks and snacks.
During this program, you will:
- Explore techniques designed to create a more efficient and effective supply chain
- Gain an understanding of key trends, opportunities and challenges in supply chain management
- Determine the management techniques best suited to optimize supply chain performance
- Improve profitability and performance across the supply chain
- Develop an implementable tool-kit of relevant methods and practices
- Grow your personal and professional network
The Quinlan Supply Chain Management Essentials Certificate Program provides participants with the opportunity to learn the fundamentals of effective supply chain management across the end-to-end supply chain. This two-day certificate program addresses a wide spectrum of supply chain techniques designed to reduce cost, improve profitability and maximize the customer experience while balancing social, environmental and economic concerns.
This program focuses on the essential strategies and operational tactics involved with managing a supply chain, both domestically and internationally. The emphasis will be on practical implementation supported by hands-on classroom application throughout the duration of the program. Participants will leave with an enhanced understanding of their organization’s supply and value chain, ready to contribute meaningfully to sustaining competitive advantage in a rapidly evolving business environment
The Supply Chain Management Essentials Certificate Program is designed for professionals with little formal SCM training but who are exposed to the supply chain on a regular basis. Managers from other functions, those new to the discipline, and those who aspire to a career in supply chain management will also benefit from the program.
Global Supply Chain Management
- Understanding the end to end supply and value chain
- Business strategies to maximize supply chain effectiveness
- Leveraging competitive advantage
- Trends in globalization
- Environmental considerations
- Forecasting and demand planning
- Supplier relationship management
- Safety stock and seasonality
- Bull whip effect
- Classifying inventory categories using the ABC system
- Techniques to improve inventory turn
- Calculating the cost of carrying inventory
Transportation and Warehouse Management
- Mode and carrier selection
- Maximizing network design
- Facility layout and process efficiency
- Recognizing and mitigating risk
- Recycling, repackaging, disposal
For a course consultation, please contact us at 312.915.6781 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Upon successful completion of the program, participants will be awarded a Certificate of Completion in Supply Chain Management Essentials from the Quinlan School of Business.